Minshew TRADED to the Eagles

Sad People

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The sad part is that Jalen Hurts will probably be up and down the first 6 weeks, Sirianni will feel the pressure to bring in Minshew Magic week 7 against us, and he will dart our defense for 7 TD's like Foles did then become the starter, lol.

philly-special-statue-3.jpg?w=1000&h=600

This absolutely could happen but reality is Minshew is a third string QB right now and likely will not be active most games. 

Hurts could be terrible and Minshew could be starting games… who knows. But this is just a giant moving of the goal post when your original post implied us trading for Minshew meant Hurts wouldn’t be our starter. 

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This absolutely could happen but reality is Minshew is a third string QB right now and likely will not be active most games. 

Hurts could be terrible and Minshew could be starting games… who knows. But this is just a giant moving of the goal post when your original post implied us trading for Minshew meant Hurts wouldn’t be our starter. 

I said he wasn't guaranteed to be the starter in the preseason GDT so it was a little odd that Joe Flacco was brought in as the backup. I retract my statement now and would say this probably means Hurts is the starter, I'd imagine Minshew surpasses Flacco on the depth chart pretty early because he can do some of the same things Jalen can in terms of running out of the shot gun, RPO, etc. 

4 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Even if he isn't good enough to be a long-term starter, and I don't think he is, this seems like a very good trade for the Eagles.  I think Minshew could last a long time as a reliable back-up, someone who can come in and win you games in a pinch, especially if you are a contender-level team.  

Ryan Fitzmagic Jr

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

philly-special-statue-3.jpg?w=1000&h=600

Still cant believe they made statues for those 2 hahah I get it they finally one their first SB something the Vikings havent sniffed in forever but gosh darn statues are meant for the Kobe Bryants, King James, TB12s of the world, Not Nick Foles and Doug Pederson.

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

Eagles found their QB1

Just because technically someone has to fill that role on the 53 man roster, doesn't mean the Eagles actually have a true QB1.

Minshew sure as hell doesn't change that fact , that's for sure. This is nothing more then swapping out Mullens for Minshew.  Both suck but I'd rather have the latter as my 3rd TBH.  So 👌

8 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Why?

He ran like a top level dual threat QB and he has a legit NFL arm.

He dominated at 2 different colleges.

He's looked fantastic in camp and scrimmages this summer.

I guess you could ignore all that and stick with the cold take guys that hate him because they thought he should have been drafted in round 3 or 4?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Still cant believe they made statues for those 2 hahah I get it they finally one their first SB something the Vikings havent sniffed in forever but gosh darn statues are meant for the Kobe Bryants, King James, TB12s of the world, Not Nick Foles and Doug Pederson.

It was commissioned by Bud Light or something. It’s an ode to the super bowl for sure but everyone here doesn’t revere it was some special commemoration of those guys. It’s more cheeky than anything else. At least that’s what we told Wentz. 

• Like 1