Minshew TRADED to the Eagles

Sad People

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

first off, that was probably my third ever post about Jalen Hurts. 

Second, pretty sure I have never hated Hurts. I have  a pair of retaliatory posts to Eagles fans who ished on Mac Jones on my record but that is about it. 

Third, your post proved absolutely nothing about Hurts. Sorry not sorry. 

I think Skippy is just trying to say Hurts will be a good value as a Fantasy QB not that he is a Franchise QB. Which to me isn't a crazy take. I think it was 2019 when Josh Allen was still throwing a lot of picks and hadn't established himself yet but he still finished as like top 5 fantasy QB because of his running ability. Not saying Hurts will become a franchise QB but he could outplay his ADP in fantasy which is a huge difference.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Lmao. But in reality he may be a Fitzpatrick clone. 

Fitzpatrick's last 2 seasons in Miami (24 games): 5,620 yards (64% comp), 33 TD, 21 INT

Minshew's last 2 seasons in Jacksonville (23 games): 5,530 yards (63% comp), 37 TD, 11 INT

Perhaps. He has potential at least to be a decent player. For where he was drafted, one can't complain. 

If he was a first round pick with those numbers the narrative would be that the jags are wasting him. Now they still would’ve taken Trevor but he would’ve gotten at LEAST a 2 in a trade. 

Josh Rosen is complete garbage and the Cardinals got a 2 for him because if first round privilege 

2 hours ago, pwny said:

Given your QB situation, it can do so

Even if Hurts is absolutely abysmal, he is going to play for at the very least most of the season. If he sucks at the start of the year, they will evaluate him for the rest of the year to be sure in what they have. If he plays decent-well then obviously he isn't getting replaced. Minshew isn't a secret. Everyone knows he is a bottom tier starter or a solid backup.

The Eagles love QB depth. This move is just part of the philosophy and doesn't affect Hurts whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Based on how T Law has looked , you should have kept him. Jags gonna have back to back #1 picks.

Tlaw has looked fine.   Even cj looked better then Gardner. 

Granted he was playing vs the cowboy backups but 11/12 139 2td.

He was with a 2nd string LT 3rd string LG 2nd string C 2nd string rg.  He was also without Marvin Jones JR and DJ Chark.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Even if Hurts is absolutely abysmal, he is going to play for at the very least most of the season. If he sucks at the start of the year, they will evaluate him for the rest of the year to be sure in what they have. If he plays decent-well then obviously he isn't getting replaced. Minshew isn't a secret. Everyone knows he is a bottom tier starter or a solid backup.

The Eagles love QB depth. This move is just part of the philosophy and doesn't affect Hurts whatsoever.

Isn’t this exactly what you guys said about drafting Hurts last year? That the team was 100% Wentz’s and the only way that Hurts would ever take a snap is if Wentz was injured and couldn’t play?

I remember you all saying that he was the worst pick in the draft because there was no way that he would ever start for you guys, and the only vision must have been as a backup, a Taysom Hill gadget player, and concern about injuries.

I don’t see why this is any different, when Hurts is far, far less entrenched as the starter than Wentz was. 

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Isn’t this exactly what you guys said about drafting Hurts last year? That the team was 100% Wentz’s and the only way that Hurts would ever take a snap is if Wentz was injured and couldn’t play?

I remember you all saying that he was the worst pick in the draft because there was no way that he would ever start for you guys, and the only vision must have been as a backup, a Taysom Hill gadget player, and concern about injuries.

I don’t see why this is any different, when Hurts is far, far less entrenched as the starter than Wentz was. 

Well the thing is, that is why they drafted Hurts. He wasn't competing to start in camp and he wasn't drafted to replace Wentz. Wentz was just unearthly horrid and Hurts was a complete unknown, so late in the year they gave Hurts time to win games cause he was probably at that point their best option.

It is hardly a similar situation. Wentz was an NFL vet of 5 years, Hurts is going to be a second year player with 4 starts. They want to evaluate Hurts. Yes, if he is horrendous late in the year he could get benched because they have seen enough, but they aren't going to give other QB's time until they have made a full evaluation on what Hurts is or isn't. It isn't about being entrenched, it is about knowing what we have.

23 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Well the thing is, that is why they drafted Hurts. He wasn't competing to start in camp and he wasn't drafted to replace Wentz. Wentz was just unearthly horrid and Hurts was a complete unknown, so late in the year they gave Hurts time to win games cause he was probably at that point their best option.

It is hardly a similar situation. Wentz was an NFL vet of 5 years, Hurts is going to be a second year player with 4 starts. They want to evaluate Hurts. Yes, if he is horrendous late in the year he could get benched because they have seen enough, but they aren't going to give other QB's time until they have made a full evaluation on what Hurts is or isn't. It isn't about being entrenched, it is about knowing what we have.

So what you're saying is that he could be benched and that Minshew could start at some point. Cool, that's what I said could happen.

There are very, very few other teams — if any — that look like right now that they could afford the same opportunity.

And yeah, that’s the thing about Hurts. He wasn’t drafted to compete for the starting job, and yet there he was starting. I don’t know why there’s so much push back that this could happen again.

33 minutes ago, pwny said:

So what you're saying is that he could be benched and that Minshew could start at some point. Cool, that's what I said could happen.

There are very, very few other teams — if any — that look like right now that they could afford the same opportunity.

And yeah, that’s the thing about Hurts. He wasn’t drafted to compete for the starting job, and yet there he was starting. I don’t know why there’s so much push back that this could happen again.

Even if Hurts is absolutely abysmal, he is going to play for at the very least most of the season.

This was literally what I put in my original post lol. If this doesn't leave the door open to Hurts not starting late in the year.... idk.

If your point is just, "Hurts might suck and if he does maybe the play Minshew" I feel like this is just a waste of time. Of course that could happen.

Obviously, Minshew could start games. The Eagles didn't bring him in for no reason, they think he can play ball.

If you are making the argument that the Eagles brought Minshew in with the plan that he might actually play significant snaps this season, it is just not accurate. There is no question the main goal of this season is to know exactly what the Eagles have in Hurts. The coaches and FO want to be competitive of course, but in all likelihood we are going to be pretty bad. Hurts will have a pretty long leash early in the year. If he is just abysmal all year will he get pulled similar to Wentz last year? I could see it happening, but not until the Eagles are sure in what they have.

My only argument is perception. I hate arguing in hypotheticals of "ya well this could happen". The Eagles brought Minshew in as part of the meme worthy #QBFactory philosophy. They love above average backup QBs and have loved them for decades now. It's just how they operate and how they will continue to operate regardless of who the QB currently is.