General Offense

onejayhawk

That's very possible. Henne has a future in the league if he wants one, but probably not as a player. 

This is a Ron Kopp video study of Mahomes' game. This is the good stuff.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/11/16/22783911/film-review-how-patrick-mahomes-found-himself-again-vs-raiders

On the side, note how Wylie stones Crosby with no help. This is one of the Raider's best pass rushers. 

Edited by onejayhawk

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/11/19/22790265/travis-kelces-answer-for-press-coverage-being-violent

“I think last week coach Reid — really the entire offensive staff coming up with the game plan — gave me an opportunity to not just be in one spot, to be in multiple spots on the field,” he noted. “Motions help me get off the ball a little easier — it doesn’t allow a guy to just sit on top of me. And then just flat out having an answer for when I do get pressed: being violent and just trying to work my techniques and my fundamentals.”

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Random fact, Byron Pringle is PFF's #1 run blocking WR so far this year.

That would explain a lot about his playing time. That used to be Robinson's calling card. Also, Gordon is reputed to be quite good blocking downfield. There are reasonss he is getting snaps. 

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/11/19/22790265/travis-kelces-answer-for-press-coverage-being-violent

“I think last week coach Reid — really the entire offensive staff coming up with the game plan — gave me an opportunity to not just be in one spot, to be in multiple spots on the field,” he noted. “Motions help me get off the ball a little easier — it doesn’t allow a guy to just sit on top of me. And then just flat out having an answer for when I do get pressed: being violent and just trying to work my techniques and my fundamentals.”

I notice a theme of violence from thr offense. Kelce here, Smith and Brown like to thump people, even the note about Pringle that I quoted first. 

The defense has also been more physical lately. 

5 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

What's cool about Creed is that we were mocking him right and left, but didn't think he would drop to us.

He was the third C taken. Suckers.

J

I KNEW in my mind the Packers were taking Creed before us and they selected the other dude cuz he was right handed. Talk about outsmarting yourself 😅

52 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I KNEW in my mind the Packers were taking Creed before us and they selected the other dude cuz he was right handed. Talk about outsmarting yourself 😅

Myers is who I wanted and who they took. He was having a good start before injury. I think both end up being long term starters. 

57 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Myers is who I wanted and who they took. He was having a good start before injury. I think both end up being long term starters. 

I definitely didn't mean that as a shot to Myers, just feels like we'd be missing out on having this awesome C if he were born right handed.

The Chiefs released Daniel Brown, the TE they got for LDT. It's probably to re-sign him to practice squad. Clyde took his slot.

In a related story, LDT is starting for the Jets. I'm glad he is able to play again.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/21/kansas-city-chiefs-laurent-duvernay-tardif-making-first-start-with-new-york-jets/

Kemp goes on COVID. Foutain is elevated to cover for Kemp.

Edited by onejayhawk