Does 3-0 Mean Anything?

onejayhawk

I was surprised that the Chiefs went undefeated in the preseason. However, it was not for lack of playing the camp bodies. In the first preseason game, Mahomes played four downs and the all new OL played only eleven. Frank Clark did not play a snap. Chris Jones was a monster, for all of 16 snaps in three games. Guys like Tim Ward, Mike Danna, Willie Gay, Deandre Baker, Mike Hughes held three opponents to a total of 51 points, 17 per game, even including a pick-6 by the Vikings. That's some good D.

To my eye, there was a clear winner in the QB3 competition, with Shane Buechele beating Anthony Gordon. It's doubtful either makes the 53, but the PS is another story. Jerick McKinnon is a lock to make the roster and may be Clyde's primary backup. Derrick Gore earned a spot on PS with potential for more. 

Without doubt, on both sides of the ball, this is the deepest team of the Mahomes era. But, does it really mean anything? Cleveland is coming in two weeks with a stacked roster and Super Bowl aspirations. I suppose we can say that three wins, even in preseason, is not a bad thing.

J

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

The Patriots never went undefeated. The year they went 16-0 in the regular season they were 2-2 in preseason. 

Mkay well I still don’t think it matters much. We’re running a vanilla offense Andy isn’t revealing any secrets. 

the real question will be does Andy not abandon the run in the playoffs and is CEH not too small and can get the job done like a Damien Williams did for us the year we won the super bowl.

But preseason has little impact.  It’s just get the guys to week one healthy.