CFB Week 1 Game Thread

ramssuperbowl99

6 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

For seemingly no good reason

FSU's offensive line was getting destroyed in pass protection until Notre Dame went with 3 DL for whatever weird reason. The only reason he played is because the starter got hit so hard his helmet flew off. I don't think they want him back there getting sacked 5+ times per game considering his knee issue.

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Raiders throw away mid round picks yearly, I'd take him in the 7th as Peterman's potential replacement as QB3 with a Heisman like season. We drafted DJ Hayden #12 overall a year after his heart literally exploded at practice. 

Yeah our drafting has been embarrassing to say the least. I can't believe Mayock is in charge of picks as a result. He's too good as an analyst to miss this many times. 

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah our drafting has been embarrassing to say the least. I can't believe Mayock is in charge of picks as a result. He's too good as an analyst to miss this many times. 

Gruden definitely has the final say in all of our personnel decisions. And Mayock was a commercial real estate agent then worked as a draft analyst for NFL network, he had zero front office experience before we hired him. Our 2019 draft class was okay, especially if Abram improves. 

On 9/6/2021 at 5:31 PM, NYRaider said:

FSU's offensive line was getting destroyed in pass protection until Notre Dame went with 3 DL for whatever weird reason. The only reason he played is because the starter got hit so hard his helmet flew off. I don't think they want him back there getting sacked 5+ times per game considering his knee issue.

He was FSU's best opportunity to win that game. You can't cite durability issues. Play your best players that give you the best chance to win.