MNF: Chiefs vs Broncos GDT

Chiefer

1 hour ago, starbarkc said:

I do think this coaching staff has too much experience to not make adjustments. 

It's the coaches responsible for defense that must make adjustments. DC Bob Sutton can play few notes on his scheming fiddle while "Rome burns". Sutton also can only play the players he's got and right now he's only got "tackling dummies". So Denver's elite defense should cool off Alex Smith somewhat, after Denver stacks the box to stop Hunt. Denver's mediocre offense will appear as AFC champs against one of the NFL's worst defenses.

I hope i'm entirely wrong about this, but as they could say, "past performance IS indicative of future results."

6 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

It's the coaches responsible for defense that must make adjustments. DC Bob Sutton can play few notes on his scheming fiddle while "Rome burns". Sutton also can only play the players he's got and right now he's only got "tackling dummies". So Denver's elite defense should cool off Alex Smith somewhat, after Denver stacks the box to stop Hunt. Denver's mediocre offense will appear as AFC champs against one of the NFL's worst defenses.

I hope i'm entirely wrong about this, but as they could say, "past performance IS indicative of future results."

Yeah it's hard to admit it but, we can blame Sutton all we want, the personnel just aren't very good.

Seems like everybody has regressed this year on defense. Right when Alex is having a MVP type year. 

All these big plays we allow is reminding me of 2009.

10 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah it's hard to admit it but, we can blame Sutton all we want, the personnel just aren't very good.

Seems like everybody has regressed this year on defense. Right when Alex is having a MVP type year. 

All these big plays we allow is reminding me of 2009.

I have complained about Sutton for a few years now, its not like all of a sudden.  There have been a lot of problems for a while now.  

9 hours ago, valkrei said:

I have complained about Sutton for a few years now, its not like all of a sudden.  There have been a lot of problems for a while now.  

Yeah but usually the players/talent make up for it.

But you look across the board, and the talent isn't there like it Was. Which exposes the scheme more than usual.

We have had a run of unusually good QBs against us--Brady, Wentz, Rivers, Cousins, Watson, Roethlisberger, Carr. Cousins is probably the weakest. That's five of the top ten QB in yardage, not counting Alex Smith. The two left out are rookie Watson and Carr, who had his first really good game against us. It adds into the toughest schedule in the league so far. 

This week that changes. Denver has no better than average QB. What they have is a very good and occasionally dominant D and a good running game. Still, with 10 days to prepare, I like our chances. FBO has only dropped us to #3, with us almost a full game under our expected win total.

This is doable. Do it.

J

It would seem the raiders just went deep every time they could.  Because in todays NFL and with our Defense. 1. you make the catch or 2. you get the flag and still get the yards.  Leaves me wondering why we don't go deep more with Hill.

4 hours ago, valkrei said:

It would seem the raiders just went deep every time they could.  Because in todays NFL and with our Defense. 1. you make the catch or 2. you get the flag and still get the yards.  Leaves me wondering why we don't go deep more with Hill.

And the better QB's in the league draw more PI calls for their receivers because refs will give them the benefit of the doubt as to accuracy and catchability. This season, Alex is in the group of "better QB's".

On 26 octobre 2017 at 2:20 AM, mayanfootball said:

Denver elite pass defense is based on their pass rush and corners. The pass rush might hurt us but given how important are our TEs and RBs in our passing offense, not sure we're a great matchup for their defense. But yeah, I fear CJ Anderson will run all over our D

Gotta work tonite (sigh) but maybe catch 2nd. half.

Denver is no.1 in rushing defense. They've given up 431yds (71yd/gm) and 0 TD's.. KC has given up 872yds (124yd/gm) and  6 TD's. This too stark a contrast. The offenses contrast similarly with the Chiefs benefiting.

Something's gotta give tonite. What'll it be? Can the Chiefs step up their defense or do the Donkey's elevate their offense?

Archived