MNF: Chiefs vs Broncos GDT

Chiefer

I could cry!

Chiefs activated CB Steven Nelson (knee) from injured reserve.

Nelson will apparently return for Monday night's game against the Broncos. With the Chiefs' secondary struggling, Nelson should see playing time right off the bat, and perhaps immediately reclaim his starting job. He's capable of playing both on the boundary and in the slot. Nelson was an every-down player in 2016.

10 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I could cry!

Chiefs activated CB Steven Nelson (knee) from injured reserve.

Nelson will apparently return for Monday night's game against the Broncos. With the Chiefs' secondary struggling, Nelson should see playing time right off the bat, and perhaps immediately reclaim his starting job. He's capable of playing both on the boundary and in the slot. Nelson was an every-down player in 2016.

giphy.gif

40 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

#Chiefs inactives tonight: QB - T. Bray CB - D. White S - S. Terrell LB - R. Wilson OL - J. Devey OL - L. Duvernay-Tardif DL - R. Miller

Still no LDT, but Morse is back, as is Nelson

Wonder what the line will look like? Move Fulton over or Morse?

Kinda weird game. Chiefs shouldn't get too fancy, it's not over yet.

Don't like Peters' attitude - two turnovers or not. Another stupid 15yd penalty, the careless way he carries the ball after the Int ... I don't consider that professional.

OL looks better, with LDT in there zthey'll take another step. Hope Kelce will be ok ... 

Quick thoughts...

It was nice to see Kpass get some playing time. I just wish it was opposite Houston instead of Zombo.

Reid/Nagy really need to stop playing it safe after getting any kind of lead. The goal is to score points.

I love that Nelson is back. I don't quite get the Mitchell for Acker switch. But whatever.

Houston needs to not be in coverage. Seriously. Stop it. -- There was a video where Gunther Cunningham was talking about putting Derrick Thomas in coverage. I wish I could find it again and show it to Sutton.

4 hours ago, samsel23 said:

DJ is a liability.   Never thought I’d say that

I was only able to watch small bits of this game, but based on what I did see and past games, I agree. All teams need to do to beat us right now is throw it deep and run at DJ's gap.

I don't know what Ramik Wilson did to get in somebody's doghouse, but I want to see Wilson and Ragland or KPL starting. I'm mostly fine with DJ in coverage still, but in the run game he can't take on blockers, and it feels like when he's one on one against a RB he's just desperately throwing himself at where he thinks the RB is going to go. And it isn't working at all.

Quick thoughts on the game:

It should not have been this close. We have 1 great drive, a defensive TD and then we have another great drive going before that Tyreek Hill INT. Don't know what to think about the playcall but Hill got to be more aware and not throw that pass when the Denver D was prepared for it. If we're up 21 or 17-0 midway to the 1st quarter, game is over imho.

Our run defense is bad, especially inside. Our linebackers aren't good, but I'm definitely disappointed in Logan. He's been manhandled 1vs1 by Paradis, and I don't think he's been that great of an addition overall.

Schwartz did a good job limiting Von in the passing game. It's another story for Fisher. Our OL as a whole struggled in the run game, but that was expected against a very strong run defense. 

Tough to judge our secondary against that offense. Siemian is atrocious, so are his receivers save for DT and his OL.

1 hour ago, Habbsawce said:

This game shoudl have been a blow out but they decided to let Denver back in it. Still a win, but man; I would have loved to see some killer instinct and put their foot on the throat.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCOMBO!

Give props to Butker, without him we loose which is crazy.

Yep Ried and Co you cannot nurse a lead in the NFL.

Hill needs to go deep more.

Should have more pass plays to Hunt, I wanted him to get 100 yards again.

Bench DJ give him time to rest, recover, get motivated what ever he needs.  Right now he needs to see limited time on the field.

Trade Deadline, make a move.

Archived