So, uh, the Bears Trade for Dontrelle Inman

IronMike84

5 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

He, a healthy Meredith and young potential #1 like Calvin Ridley around pick 13 or so sounds amazing to me with future Shaheen and our backs.

Pace really needs to stack the deck at WR. Even though Glennon was a miss, we saw him do at QB this year, both signing and drafting one. It was what Cleveland should have done last year, because it made zero sense that signing RGIII should have precluded them from drafting Carson Wentz. Pace will, at the least, need to add both a decent receiver in free agency and a top 50ish pick at WR.

I don't like the idea of saying a certain position group has to be picked in a certain round, because the board has to dictate whether or not that's right, but I'd think there has to be a sense of urgency there.

2 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

I don't like the idea of saying a certain position group has to be picked in a certain round, because the board has to dictate whether or not that's right, but I'd think there has to be a sense of urgency there.

Exactly. Too many people think it must be a true BPA where every player has a numbered ranking and you just pick the top number or that they draft primarily by need. BPA really means if there is a group of players available that are ranked closely, it goes to the position of need. That is where the urgency comes in, not just by forcing a positional pick that is not worthy of the pick.

We still have a long way to go before the draft too. Meredith may recover well, Wright and Inman might show that they are solid players to bring back, and McBride/Gentry might show they can be quality depth and special teams. Between that and FA we might have little true urgency, though I would want to develop a young guy with Trubisky personally.

On 10/25/2017 at 2:11 PM, IronMike84 said:

Hahahahaha that’s the spirit I’m looking for!

So in all seriousness, taking the following facts into consideration the only conclusion is that Tanner Gentry will be our new number 1, the only question is how high he will rise? Will he be better than just Antonio Brown and AJ Green, or better than them both combined into some sort of super receiver hybrid? Recall:

He caught a touchdown, A TOUCHDOWN, in preseason

MT10 and Gentry had a connection in camp. This will enable him to know when the ball is coming without turning his head, giving opposing DB's nothing to work off of.

He will finally have someone lined up on the other side taking the heat off him, allowing him to excel. 

Fox likes him so much he didn't waive him again, which is a real sign of progress.

My conservative guess is he gets 11 touchdowns on 10 targets. Sunday. 

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Routes are routes... my only worry is him being inactive because we plan a lot of hurry up/no huddle.

The hurry up no huddle sucks.

It has been hot garbage and usually leads to the Bears without their best WR on the field and a ton of confusion.

22 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Pace really needs to stack the deck at WR. Even though Glennon was a miss, we saw him do at QB this year, both signing and drafting one. It was what Cleveland should have done last year, because it made zero sense that signing RGIII should have precluded them from drafting Carson Wentz. Pace will, at the least, need to add both a decent receiver in free agency and a top 50ish pick at WR.

What I like about Ridley vs. the other top WR prospects is that his skill set is different from that of Inman and Meredith (presuming both will be in the 2018 plan). Feel the same about James Washington but see him as more of a top 40 pick vs. top 15. 

24 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

What I like about Ridley vs. the other top WR prospects is that his skill set is different from that of Inman and Meredith (presuming both will be in the 2018 plan). Feel the same about James Washington but see him as more of a top 40 pick vs. top 15. 

I like Ridley because he really is the anti Kevin White.

He isn't the biggest or the fastest, but he is a really god WR. Polished, good routes, great hands.

Please from now on give me more polished WRs.

26 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He isn't the biggest or the fastest, but he is a really god WR. Polished, good routes, great hands.

With early picks I agree, I still like rolling the dice in the mid/late rounds with physical specimen.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

White and Ridley have nothing to do with each other. We could only hope Ridley would come into the NFL with White’s attitude and work ethic though, because they are top notch.

It’s easy to see what was so coveted by Pace with White even if it hasn’t come to fruition. It’s a shame his body has not allowed us to find out what those God given tools and that work ethic and attitude could have created. 

All of that said, my two guys at the top of that draft class for us were Cooper (already gone) and Beasley. As far as this years’ WR go for me it’s Ridley then everyone else. I’ve seen multiple Reggie Wayne comps laid upon him. That’s my guy. 

Howdi all, first time poster from southern Spain. I think Inman could be a decent outside threat. I saw some film and hemdoes seem to create seperation on routes. He also seems tall enough to win some jump balls. I think with Cam coming back next year you can resign Inman depending on production this year and go after a FA like Davante Adams. I hope he gets some snaps against the Saints.

Archived