2021 Defensive Thread

vegas492

Next two weeks vs CHI and WAS won't tell us much about the defense unless there is a complete meltdown.  Weeks 8 and 9 vs ARI and KC will be really tough match-ups with the injuries.  I am already looking forward to the revival of the "burn it all down" thread in the lead up to week 10.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Next two weeks vs CHI and WAS won't tell us much about the defense unless there is a complete meltdown.  Weeks 8 and 9 vs ARI and KC will be really tough match-ups with the injuries.  I am already looking forward to the revival of the "burn it all down" thread in the lead up to week 10.

Kevin King will likely be back for a series in the week 8 game. I think we find out next week if we  can plan on seeing Jaire at all this year as well. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'll take 2-2 all day as long as one of the Ws is against the Bears.

• Like 1

Call this the "Fields" effect.

GB has vaulted up to #5 in the league for yards given up per game and now sit at 315.

Now 15th in the league for points given up per game and now sit at 22.7.

Whoever is calling the red zone defense needs to take a two week vacation and retire.

On 10/16/2021 at 7:20 PM, packfanfb said:

Good test for our defense for sure. Our offense isn't clicking enough yet for me to be that confident. Need to be better in the gold zone.

Their offense seems to be moving at light speed again.  But their defense is like a combination of our 2011 and 2017 NFCC defenses.  I imagine that this will be a good game to take the over.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2021 at 7:54 AM, HyponGrey said:

Rasul Douglas is a bum, and should have moved to Safety back when he was an Eagle.

You know this take still hasn’t cooled off. 

This D came to play. Credit to Barry, Gray, KO,  the f/o and the players for the fight they’ve put up here at the halfway point. 

Edited by Refugee

8 hours ago, Refugee said:

You know this take still hasn’t cooled off. 

This D came to play. Credit to Barry, Gray, KO,  the f/o and the players for the fight they’ve put up here at the halfway point. 

Nah, after last night, this take is the hottest garbage I've ever posted

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

Nah, after last night, this take is the hottest garbage I've ever posted

You’ve got to love the fact that Rasul clearly reads the comments here and took that one personally. Keep putting that chip on his shoulder!

At the end of the day, he might be below average but for the next week, he’s top dog!  Hope he continues to make plays and more importantly this defense keeps finding ways to help us win. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Does this defense have a chance to be very solid to downright good? 

yes it does, pending health down the stretch

KC has a top 2-3ish offense, and that will be the best test this season so far IMO. We still won't have 2/3 of our top defenders, so if we can limit KC on the road I will have faith in the defense. But they are playing very gritty right now and building confidence. Which is phenomenal.