2021 Defensive Thread

vegas492

1 minute ago, ReadyToThump said:

Devondre Campbell was a heck of a pick up. The guy can do it all, and do it all pretty well.

Reasons I was shocked he was available. He's produced every single place he's been, yet he can't stick. 

45 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

I saw Summers do a couple of nice things as well. Got to the flat nicely and limited a short pass to a small gain and made a very nice open field tackle (on a back, maybe?). Think the Summers sucks talk is a bit overblown. 

He's still a bit of a JAG but he showed a bit of promise on a few plays last night. I'm wondering if he'd be more effective if he dropped 10 lbs. 

Again though: where was this gameplan Week 1?

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why? He's the quintessential ILB backup. Cheap, good on specials, adequate in his fills, and middling in coverage. 

Just can't imagine there isn't somebody better out there.  He got toasted on a number of plays ... adequate in his fills ??? and middling in coverage ??? not so sure as you are.

5 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

What did everyone think about Stokes yesterday? 

Im far from an expert on CB technique but it certainly seems like he needs more reps to feel comfortable when challenged . He’s right there , it just seems like he’s not confident in himself that he’s in position to make a play. 

I thought he was in position a lot on passes thrown his way.   Gets a bit handsy which you hope can be coached out of him.

probably need the all 22 to get a better feel for if he is recognizing concepts being sent at him 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Does GB have anyone who can legitimately include "good on specials" on their football resume?

This team has quite a few Campbell, Sullivan, JC, Malik Taylor. The issue isn't that we don't have any that are good, it's that we've got a few that are bad, and ST is very much a "weakest link" unit.