2021 Defensive Thread

vegas492

12 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

What did everyone think about Stokes yesterday? 

Im far from an expert on CB technique but it certainly seems like he needs more reps to feel comfortable when challenged . He’s right there , it just seems like he’s not confident in himself that he’s in position to make a play. 

He was okay.  He wasn't lost by any means, but I think he's doing what most young corners do when they feel pressure and start grabbing.  Night and day difference from King.

6 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

One thing I think we need to remember is the last two teams we played don't have the best O-line. We're going to need Zadarius in the worst way to win a SB. I wish Burks could just figure it out. A speedy LB next to Campbell would be amazing.

The Lions and 9ers both have good to very good OLines?

We couldn't get **** for pressure vs Detroit without blitzing*(which we did in the 2nd half).

Kenny Clark just flat out dominated the interior against the 9ers.

Edited by ReadyToThump

4 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

One thing I think we need to remember is the last two teams we played don't have the best O-line. We're going to need Zadarius in the worst way to win a SB. I wish Burks could just figure it out. A speedy LB next to Campbell would be amazing.

San Francisco and Detroit have pretty good OLs...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Is Savage good or not?

My eyeball test?  He must be good at being a deep safety, because you never hear his name.

When he's closer to the action, he's around the ball and his speed jumps out on tape.

I think he's pretty darned good, but sometimes we don't see it because he's so deep.  And when he's close to the action?  Man...he's pretty special.

40 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Super small sample, but IIRC Burks has "graded out" (PFF) as one of the best defenders when he's played this year.

3 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

Detroit?. I just never understood why they struggle to have good running game all these years. I dont think good oline then think the Detriot Lions.

49ers.. I can see that.

I'm not saying they're great or anything, but they've got a pretty good OL.