Dolphins release C Matt Skura

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

McKinney simply lost his starting job to Eguavoen.  Overall it was a great move to dump Lawson's cap hit in a trade for McKinney, which now is only a dead cap hit of $750k.

I’m just surprised because he wasn’t costing us much and is a solid player at a position we really needed help at.

Skura being cut is actually due to a positive thing, which was Dieter taking the C job and running with it.  He has been a very pleasant surprise this ST.  

McKinney being cut is only surprising if you haven't watched him in ST (or the past 2 years).  He's slow as hell.  He can't cover anything.  Don't ask him to move lateral at all.  If you need a guy to run straight ahead and hit someone, he's your man.  But that type of player doesn't exist in the NFL anymore.  We all hoped he would somehow find a new spring to his step after being traded, but it clearly didn't happen.

9 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

I’m just surprised because he wasn’t costing us much and is a solid player at a position we really needed help at.

Ya don’t get me wrong, I’m pleasantly surprised he was cut, especially since he restructured just a few weeks ago it seems.

He looked just OK vs the run game in preseason but looked awkward vs the pass game.  Eguavoen on the other hand just exploded on pass blitzes and was very active vs the run.