Final 53 Man Roster

lomaxgrUK

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Well that would mean big trouble for Strnad for sure. 

We still have 6 ILBs on the roster. With Wade almost certainly being a cut, that leaves 4 with Griffith, AJ Johnson, Jewell and surely Browning as locks.

So are we going to carry 5 ILBs? That seems heavy to me, although I can't remember what the norm is.

Disagree. Strnad is making the team and is probably going to play in pass situations if I had to guess. I think it's more problematic for Jewell's future. I would think a good showing from Strnad and/or Browning make Jewell the expendable player, no?

1 minute ago, broncos67 said:

Disagree. Strnad is making the team and is probably going to play in pass situations if I had to guess. I think it's more problematic for Jewell's future. I would think a good showing from Strnad and/or Browning make Jewell the expendable player, no?

Hmm. That's a big, big shout to cut one of our better Defenders from last year. That said ... Jewell has been injured all camp. I guess it comes down to what our Coaches think of Strnad. 

He hasn't blown me away in preseason (people way too giddy from that poorly thrown ball to the RB out of the backfield that Strnad stopped for a 3 yard gain). However, I haven't focused a great deal on him so I am not saying it isn't possible.

I would be stunned if we can't get some draft capital for a player like Josey Jewell.

• Like 1

Seems strange that the Broncos cut both WR's Williams and Cleveland before Pierson-El (WR), who I heard absolutely NOTHING about in camp ??  Guess they are hoping to sneak one/both onto the PS squad but with trading Benson, one didn't need to be cut, exposing them to the waiver wire

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Well that would mean big trouble for Strnad for sure. 

We still have 6 ILBs on the roster. With Wade almost certainly being a cut, that leaves 4 with Griffith, AJ Johnson, Jewell and surely Browning as locks.

So are we going to carry 5 ILBs? That seems heavy to me, although I can't remember what the norm is.

If the ILB can be decent on ST I can see 5.  ESP since the meat grinder 17 game schedule hits that position hard.   

Keep in mind now that we have only 2 QB and might only go with 4 TE but Beck as the FB for heavy plays.  No FB and no 3rd QB does give us the option to go 5 ILB. 

Sounds like 5 ILB was always the plan FWIW. 

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

Seems strange that the Broncos cut both WR's Williams and Cleveland before Pierson-El (WR), who I heard absolutely NOTHING about in camp ??  Guess they are hoping to sneak one/both onto the PS squad but with trading Benson, one didn't need to be cut, exposing them to the waiver wire

Renck is saying they might go 5-WR.   Bold to say the least.    Probably would recall one of the WR when Boone goes to IR? 

56 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Renck is saying they might go 5-WR.   Bold to say the least.    Probably would recall one of the WR when Boone goes to IR? 

Well, seems the Broncos waive players they'd like to add to the PS early, perhaps to try and feign interest in the player trying to gauge their interest around the league.

This is fantastic news, I loved both Johnson & Sterns picks, and I think both showed more than enough this offseason to stick.  Will make moving on from Kareem Jackson in '22 easier to swallow (love Jackson's heart and leadership, but he's at a stage in his career where it's a matter of when not if, and the chances we can have a rookie-salary option who can step in and start and play well, is a fantastic roster-construction scenario).

Even though S is a strength, I'd have no problem with keeping both.    Plus, their versatility likely can only help units like ST, I'd imagine.

Edited by Broncofan