Final 53 Man Roster

lomaxgrUK

17 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

I thought Freeman played pretty well this pre-season. Kind of surprised we opted for a brand new RB rather than either keep Freeman or even Crocket. 

Looks like more special teams moves. 

https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/9/1/22652420/report-broncos-claim-db-mike-ford-and-rb-mike-mccray-off-waivers

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Very suprised we couldnt get a draft pick out of Royce Freeman...especially with RB desperate teams like the Bills/Ravens out there now.

Oh well, this puts a bit of weight on Mike Boone

Edited by AkronsWitness

Yeh, Freeman just isn't built well for special teams. Not overly quick, unimpressive lateral agility and obviously he's not used to tackling whatsoever.

Not overly surprised by this. Man, our coaches really hated our ST units didnt they

Edited by lomaxgrUK
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Yeh, Freeman just isn't built well for special teams. Not overly quick, unimpressive lateral agility and obviously he's not used to tackling whatsoever.

Not overly surprised by this. Man, our coaches really hated our ST units didnt they

And rightfully so, one of the weaknesses of this team by far. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Living in Vikings Country, I feel very confident in saying that we will all enjoy Mike Boone very much. 

Getting Hinton, Williams, and Cleveland all on the PS is great, but effectively going with 4 WR’s on the 53 is a bad plan. Gonna guess there’s a lot more 12 and 21 sets this year. 

7 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

I thought Freeman played pretty well this pre-season. Kind of surprised we opted for a brand new RB rather than either keep Freeman or even Crocket. 

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Very suprised we couldnt get a draft pick out of Royce Freeman...especially with RB desperate teams like the Bills/Ravens out there now.

Freeman’s being in his last cheap year of his rookie deal and the 3 added service time years Mccrary provides probably sealed the deal.  

As for trade value RB’s just don’t have any unless they offer some unique skill set.   I mean Lindsay was a far better talent and he can’t get anything more than a cheap 1-year deal in a timeshare role.   

Edited by Broncofan