Cut Tracker

Titans fan 617

33 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Generally I would agree but we also traded up for him so we’re losing multiple picks.

I get that, but the picks we gave up are also generally special teamers at best. Obviously it wasn't a great pick, I just don't get mentioning it in the same breath as the Isiah Wilson pick. I don't think a 4th round pick can be a bust.

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I thought Boddy-Calhoun had a chance to make the back end of the roster. Outside of Fitzpatrick and Kinsey, which aren't surprises either, I'd say everyone else was expected.

What TEs do we have on the roster now?

Firkser, Swaim, Hudson.

Either way you look at it cutting Fitz at this point is a huge fail for that draft spot. I know a 4th round pic is not automatically considered a starter but they should make the team.  YOU also can get a eventual starter in the 4th round at some key positions like OL, CB and Safety so yes I consider this a huge fail by the front office. 

Yeee no surprises. Was excepted but hyped Batson and Rodgers made it. Cam makes plays has good hands and rodgers is quick and we have a real threat on PRs now. Sucks but glad we cut Dez. Dude didn't have it. And Mike and jrob cut or replace u no matter when u were drafted if u don't do ur job. Were trying to win a chip. Cant have drops in practice against no one lmao. Jrob misses but overall ill take the hits 

Like to add a TE. Maybe bring mycole back?

1 hour ago, quiller said:

Either way you look at it cutting Fitz at this point is a huge fail for that draft spot. I know a 4th round pic is not automatically considered a starter but they should make the team.  YOU also can get a eventual starter in the 4th round at some key positions like OL, CB and Safety so yes I consider this a huge fail by the front office. 

I get that it's not a success, but it's hard for a 4th round pick to be considered a "huge" fail. Yes you can get eventual starters at times, you can occasionally get that from undrafted players, but odds are they are back ups, special teamers, and guys who eventually are let go. 

Bad pick? Sure, but the expectations for players deeper into the draft isn't very high. Best case scenario for any WR we could have taken at that spot was probably 6th, maybe 5th, on our WR depth chart and contribution on special teams. The fact that we're getting that from FA signings and vets instead of a 4th round draft choice hardly qualifies as a "huge fail". 

The draft is a crap shoot even in the earlier rounds and the choices we had available at that spot haven't even taken a snap in a regular season game yet.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

9 more players will be cut eventually as we now sit at 62 including the COVID players. Chris Jones, Breeze, probably Farley or Cruikshank, maybe Reynolds goes on IR, McNichol, McMath, one of the QBs, March, and maybe Dzubnar get cut.

it took me a sec to remember we have another farley at DB who isn't caleb lol. i was like wtf... 

I know that expecting anything beyond “starter” for a fourth round pick is a bit unrealistic, but man the Fitzpatrick pick was terrible 

every year in one way or another JRob has just a big swing and miss. Trading up for a fourth rounder who gets cut right after camp is a big swing and miss.