Week 1 - Fins @ Patriots

hrubes20

Figured we better get one of these bad boys up.

Fins D gets to feast on Mac Jones making his first pro start.  He's a MUCH better matchup for us than a mobile QB like Cam.  He's not a threat to run at all, and was pretty terrible in the preseason when pressured.  Blitz early and blitz often.  You would expect them to try and run the snot out of the ball to ease their rookie QB into it.  Fins have the talent in the secondary to move an extra defender up if need be.

On offense, it all starts with the men up front.  BB is gonna be dialing up some serious pressure on the edges to try and take advantage of the OTs, who looked rough in the preseason.  I expect a ton of RPO action to try and keep the defense at least a little bit honest.  Pats just lost Gilmore for at least 6 weeks, which is obviously a big boost to the WR corps.  

Prediction: Fins 28, Pats 20

6 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Figured we better get one of these bad boys up.

Fins D gets to feast on Mac Jones making his first pro start.  He's a MUCH better matchup for us than a mobile QB like Cam.  He's not a threat to run at all, and was pretty terrible in the preseason when pressured.  Blitz early and blitz often.  You would expect them to try and run the snot out of the ball to ease their rookie QB into it.  Fins have the talent in the secondary to move an extra defender up if need be.

On offense, it all starts with the men up front.  BB is gonna be dialing up some serious pressure on the edges to try and take advantage of the OTs, who looked rough in the preseason.  I expect a ton of RPO action to try and keep the defense at least a little bit honest.  Pats just lost Gilmore for at least 6 weeks, which is obviously a big boost to the WR corps.  

Prediction: Fins 28, Pats 20

I was much more concerned when Cam was looking to be the starter. Mac may end up being the real deal, but preseason versus regular season is night and day. I like Miami's chances on the road. 

I know its strange to say this about the first game of the season but I could see this being a statement game. Early predictions show a lot of people are writing Miami off (more specifically Tua) or not giving them the credit they deserve for last season. To me this season is going to come down to the offense. If we can have a top-15 offense we are going to make the playoffs. 

MIA - 24

NE - 13

2 hours ago, Emerica said:

I know its strange to say this about the first game of the season but I could see this being a statement game. Early predictions show a lot of people are writing Miami off (more specifically Tua) or not giving them the credit they deserve for last season. To me this season is going to come down to the offense. If we can have a top-15 offense we are going to make the playoffs. 

MIA - 24

NE - 13

People are definitely writing Tua off, knee jerk reactions. My money is on Tua.

The way Cam Newton battered our defense first game of the year in 2020, I think we have a better chance against Mac Jones.  I do think Jones will be a better QB for NE than Cam was, but I don't think he will be the better QB in week 1 of his Rookie Season.

27-20 Fins  Up 

Edited by Swampbilly

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Shaheen has been ruled out for the game due to Covid. Austin Jackson is also on it Covid reserve list but it's unclear as to why. I'm not reading anywhere he's unvaccinated, so he might be able to clear protocol by Sunday. If not, Greg Little may be staring at Left Tackle....

Not ideal developments

No its not but at least the left is not Tua's blindside

Kinda interesting that on the depth chart they have Justin Coleman in front of Nik Needham, I really like Needham, he’s been solid the last couple years in the slot and feel like he’s earned that spot, feel like he’s gonna take it over shortly. Also McCourty over Holland at FS, lastly Jaelan Phillips listed as the third team? Hope that doesn’t last.

7 hours ago, Jdolphins18 said:

Kinda interesting that on the depth chart they have Justin Coleman in front of Nik Needham, I really like Needham, he’s been solid the last couple years in the slot and feel like he’s earned that spot, feel like he’s gonna take it over shortly. Also McCourty over Holland at FS, lastly Jaelan Phillips listed as the third team? Hope that doesn’t last.

Defensive depth charts don't mean much. Flo has always liked subbing players in and out based on the look he's trying to give the offense.

22 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Shaheen has been ruled out for the game due to Covid. Austin Jackson is also on it Covid reserve list but it's unclear as to why. I'm not reading anywhere he's unvaccinated, so he might be able to clear protocol by Sunday. If not, Greg Little may be staring at Left Tackle....

Not ideal developments

Eff.  I like Little as a reclamation project, but I don't want to see him get thrown into the fire in the first game.  Of course, maybe he rises to the challenge and Jackson gets Wally Pipped.  

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Defensive depth charts don't mean much. Flo has always liked subbing players in and out based on the look he's trying to give the offense.

This.  I think Phillips is listed as 3rd string, but we all know he is going to play significant minutes.