Week1 GDT:Cardinals(0-0)at Titans(0-0)

Titans fan 617

We lost Jonnu Smith as kind of that unexpected athlete we could get the ball to on screens and things for explosive plays. After what we saw in the preseason I wonder if we'll continue to do that with Blasingame. He has really impressive athleticism for a FB and is a former RB, so it might be possible to get some mismatches that rival the mismatches Jonnu's athleticism presented.

Also, was he getting reps as our 3rd down back as if they intend to use him in pass protection on passing downs? That would be cool to see. I really like him as a player and I hope he's a guy we continue to use. He's a unique athlete for the position, but very undersized at 233 lbs.

Looking up FBs I never realized that the Ravens FB is a 311 lb former DT. He can straight-up move for that size.

It is almost to the point were it makes not sense to keep Evans on your roster. While he is very good, if he can only play 5-6 games a year then...   I liked what I saw from Sargent, but have no reference to his speed.  Sargent was serviceable I saw in blitz pick up so that is a plus. 

Can our D get AZ off the field, especially on third down.  Our initial run D looks like it will be real good as will our pass rush. But can our LB's and Safety's cover the intermediate stuff good enough to  keep AZ in third long.  Then can we actually get stops. 

On O personally I think we need to come out with a quick passing game to slow down the rush and open things up for Henry.  Work Jones and AJ on quick hitting routes. 

Still feels too premature to write off Evans but the injuries are concerning.

Side note, but I have NFL Redzone and they’ve been showing every week of the 2020 season the past few days. Rewatching it has made me realize just how long the season truly is. I say that to say, Evans could very well still have a big impact for this team in the later part of the season. Could just be extra precaution by the team knowing the season truly is a marathon not a sprint.

40 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Still feels too premature to write off Evans but the injuries are concerning.

Side note, but I have NFL Redzone and they’ve been showing every week of the 2020 season the past few days. Rewatching it has made me realize just how long the season truly is. I say that to say, Evans could very well still have a big impact for this team in the later part of the season. Could just be extra precaution by the team knowing the season truly is a marathon not a sprint.

I’m not writing him off ( not saying you said I specifically was)

3 weeks isn’t a long time 

He will get his chances when he’s back but McNichols and Sargent might not make it so easy for him to just jump right back in

3 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I’m not writing him off ( not saying you said I specifically was)

3 weeks isn’t a long time 

He will get his chances when he’s back but McNichols and Sargent might not make it so easy for him to just jump right back in

I think we all would be totally fine if Sergent and/or McNichols thrive while he’s out. The more weapons the better. Also could ease him back even more post IR.