Week1 GDT:Cardinals(0-0)at Titans(0-0)

Titans fan 617

8 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I just want a team that embraces modern football. 

this is it. i’m so, so, so tired of waiting. it’s been a while decade since jeff fisher and all i ever wanted was a team that moved beyond “3 yards and a cloud of dust” fisherball. we even have the personnel to do it now and we still won’t.

munchak, mularkey, and somehow now vrabel are all cut from the same rigid, stale cloth. our only deviation was whisenhunt which…lmao. this team, man.

Edited by -Hope-

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm not trying to be a gloom and doom off one game. But I'm just saying. I don't see us winning a super bowl with our approach and this team.
Defense isn't good enough as it looks. Offensive isn't built to play in today's NFL. Coaches don't seem to be able to put together that type of gameplan consistently. 

We can still be good, but I think a playoff game or two is the best we likely will do. 

I’m pretty convinced that after a dozen years, we’ve pretty much circled back to Jeff Fisher. And you can do worse than Jeff Fisher. You definitely can. You can make the playoffs and compete with Jeff Fisher. But barring an incredible set of circumstances, there’s an obvious ceiling with Jeff Fisher. Especially when the rest of the NFL has advanced even further schematically since our last go-round with Jeff Fisher.

Jeff Fisher knows what he wants from a QB. And while Tannehill may get closer to McNair freedom than Collins freedom under new Jeff Fisher, Jeff Fisher still ain’t letting the QB run the show. Not when Jeff Fisher has running backs to feed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

I’m pretty convinced that after a dozen years, we’ve pretty much circled back to Jeff Fisher. And you can do worse than Jeff Fisher. You definitely can. You can make the playoffs and compete with Jeff Fisher. But barring an incredible set of circumstances, there’s an obvious ceiling with Jeff Fisher. Especially when the rest of the NFL has advanced even further schematically since our last go-round with Jeff Fisher.

Jeff Fisher knows what he wants from a QB. And while Tannehill may get closer to McNair freedom than Collins freedom under new Jeff Fisher, Jeff Fisher still ain’t letting the QB run the show. Not when Jeff Fisher has running backs to feed.

but hey, at least we're the only NFL franchise with two 2k rushers! why win a super bowl when you can do that?

We're at a point where the coaching is holding back / negatively impacting the talent we have on our team. There was a time during the Fisher salary cap hell years were we had truly awful rosters, and yet Fisher had them competing and punching above their level in games against superior opponents (excluding some of those truly bombastic games... NE snow...). We've rebuilt the roster, but now rather than taking the talent and dominating on the offensive side... we look like we don't know what the **** we are doing. Similar on defense, we'll have talent make some plays, but overall, the scheme, if you can even call it that, is godawful.

I'm afraid we're going to waste Tannehill, Julio, and most of Henry before we correct this.

LOL this forum is hilarious.. Had we won, we'd be on our way to the superbowl, we lost disappointingly and now all this crazy talk... yall are funny mane lol... imma screen shot these comments and when this team is on a post season run, ill post them so we know who exactly to kick off the bandwagon.. its one game mane.. one bad game, but ONE game... sheesh

Obviously not happy with the defense, but still optimistic that it can improve. Maybe.

A lot of new faces on that side of the ball which almost always requires time.

Offense I have less room for optimism because we're going to get to the playoffs and just force Henry into 8 mam boxes on first and second down again until late on the game.

1 hour ago, Airness McNairness said:

LOL this forum is hilarious.. Had we won, we'd be on our way to the superbowl, we lost disappointingly and now all this crazy talk... yall are funny mane lol... imma screen shot these comments and when this team is on a post season run, ill post them so we know who exactly to kick off the bandwagon.. its one game mane.. one bad game, but ONE game... sheesh

oh no!! you're gonna screenshot these comments??? why not just bookmark the thread???

guys we might get kicked off a bandwagon!!!

Defense wasnt terrible

They did hang around early

All of Murrays running around wore them down

They started to get sloppy with some bad tackling as the game went on

Fulton had 2 near INTs

I just hate the usage of our personnel sometimes

Yes Byard had the pick but putting him on Kirk 1 on 1 in that situation wasnt smart

I dont get why Farley couldnt be sprinkled in on 3rd downs like how we were doing with Adoree against Det last year

2 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

the last week or so when you didn’t post was so nice. let’s keep it that way, shall we?

24 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the last week or so when you didn’t post was so nice. let’s keep it that way, shall we?

We all have the right to post here as long as we are obeying the forum rules.  Titania was built for healthy discussions. 
If someone doesn't satisfy that itch of healthy debate, I'd avoid debating with them.  :)

2 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

You won't find a Titan fan more optimistic than me.  There were moments where we could have easily turned the game. The moment that comes to mind is where we had scored and down by 11 I think. If we stop them  our offense looked to have found it's groove and we could have cut it to 3 or 4. 

But Kyler throws the rainbow TD to Kirk beating Molden. 

Yesterday to me was more than just one game. It was a continuing trend of Titans not answering the call when the city is behind them. We haven't answered the bell since the McNair era.  
I can't think of any game since we became a competitive team where we were the favorites or in a big game and we met the challenge at home. 
Obviously the Patriots and Ravens playoff games were nice but we were underdogs.

These Titans need to get it together fast and I'm not sure how they will. Like I said yesterday we will be a good team and likely make the playoffs but I have no expectation of them being a top team. 

They looked so bad on offense, I was cringing when they had the ball and looked to pass. Defensively, I thought they were better than last year, but oddly statistically they were almost worst. 

Eh. One game yeah. 

But after one game they stink.