Practice Squad Roster

ARTMONK HOF

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

No offense, but I think we’ll be able to replace Jimmy’s 44 tackles, 1 PD & 1 int. I really liked Jimmy Moreland & I truly understand why you loved him as much or more than most and I do think he should’ve made the team over Darryl Roberts as CB but, I’m thinking that Roberts made it because of his special teams play.

Fuller will be our starting nickel. St. Juste (Juice) looked like the real deal as a CB and will be playing Jimmy’s snaps this year but as an outside corner as our #3 CB. 

I don’t think there’s a drop off in CB play, in fact I think we’ve improved it with Juice bc he just looks like the real deal as an outside corner which allows Fuller to shift to the slot for 60% of his snaps. Juice looks like the corner that we wished Fabian Moreau would develop into as a 3rd round pick but never did.

Relax. I'd start Fuller over Jimmy too in the slot. I'm merely asking about the situation with him since I'm not getting the same information that @RSkinGMwas getting. Didn't know the extent of the injury to Jimmy so that is why I was asking what "he is done" is referencing.

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Done with the WFT. I emailed the Richmond writer Michael Phillips. He's been wrong before though. He just said his agent is telling other teams he's fine and ready to go week one. 

Thanks. I hoped it would be something like this. Was worried "he is done" meant injury that keeps him from playing this year. Hopefully he latches on elsewhere. Kinda tough this late in the preseason/beginning of the season (especially since he was "Released with Injury Designation" which will throw off some teams), but you never know.

12 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Thanks. I hoped it would be something like this. Was worried "he is done" meant injury that keeps him from playing this year. Hopefully he latches on elsewhere. Kinda tough this late in the preseason/beginning of the season (especially since he was "Released with Injury Designation" which will throw off some teams), but you never know.

Still seems like more than meets the eye here. He is small. maybe they wanted a bigger CB to play they run but I always thought he held his own. Maybe he sulked when put in with the 2s, 3s against the Ravens. Attitude ? All speculation . It was a small to big surprise for me . He seemed like a lock .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Still seems like more than meets the eye here. He is small. maybe they wanted a bigger CB to play they run but I always thought he held his own. Maybe he sulked when put in with the 2s, 3s against the Ravens. Attitude ? All speculation . It was a small to big surprise for me . He seemed like a lock .

To me and quite a lot of others (including almost all the beat writers who some conveniently changed their tune after he got cut) who watched preseason as well.

As for the speculation, I can see them wanting to go with bigger CBs and if that were the case, I'm not faulting them for it. Two things you cant teach are speed and size. Jimmy had speed, but not the size.

And I most definitely would not fault them if he copped an attitude with being in with the 2nds and 3rds in the Ravens game.

8 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

To me and quite a lot of others (including almost all the beat writers who some conveniently changed their tune after he got cut) who watched preseason as well.

As for the speculation, I can see them wanting to go with bigger CBs and if that were the case, I'm not faulting them for it. Two things you cant teach are speed and size. Jimmy had speed, but not the size.

And I most definitely would not fault them if he copped an attitude with being in with the 2nds and 3rds in the Ravens game.

Not to then add him to P S is a real head shaker .. 😕

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Could be the injury thing. If it is, then I think his agent is trying to make it seem better than it is.

But if not, then it might be for the other two reasons you speculated.

Well, I'll always have your draft day story. So funny ! That will always stick in my mind when you post anything ! It's who you are now -you own it ! 😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Well, I'll always have your draft day story. So funny ! That will always stick in my mind when you post anything ! It's who you are now -you own it ! 😁

Yeah it is what it is. He's not a 1st or 2nd round type of talent. But I think he's a great slot corner and good outside corner and I think a team that can utilize him in those roles will be rewarded. 

This has a good breakdown on Moreland.

https://riggosrag.com/2021/08/11/washington-football-team-dont-overlook-jimmy-moreland-impact-player/

I'll pull out some of the things:

He allowed 1.01 yards per snap in the slot. That was good for third amongst slot corners, according to Pro Football Focus. He also did not allow a touchdown in 419 defensive snaps, a good rate for any defensive back.

Moreland also is a capable tackler. He has proven that, despite his smaller frame, he is not afraid to get into the mix as a willing tackler. His missed tackle percentage was 15.4%, which was the same as Kam Curl’s.

Each of Moreland’s key stats, including allowed yardage, QBR allowed and completion percentage allowed improved. Moreland was one of the NFL’s better slot corners in 2020.

18 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Could be the injury thing. If it is, then I think his agent is trying to make it seem better than it is.

But if not, then it might be for the other two reasons you speculated.

I think you’re right, I think it’s because of the injury designation. Which really complicates things, because things get really messy in terms of the rules from the point when the guy gets released with the injury designation. 

From what I can tell, largely from this article, it looks like the parties will try to negotiate an injury settlement. This would be based on how long they agree the player would be out with the injury in question. An ACL might be all season, a high ankle sprain might be 4 weeks, a concussion might be 2 weeks, etc. They then pay the player for that many weeks of regular season games, and he’s released from the roster. 

The hitch there, in terms of keeping him, is that you can’t sign the player back onto the team until 6 weeks after the end of the injury settlement period. So if you agreed on 4 weeks of pay as part of the injury settlement, you can’t re-sign the player onto your roster until Week 10. Which obviously makes it extremely difficult to get him back into the fold, because he’d be passing up the chance to earn 6 weeks worth of game checks from some other team. 

The alternative, if they don’t want to do the injury settlement, is just to keep him on the IR until he’s cleared to play. Once the doctors clear him, the team can release him and will no longer have to pay/treat him any longer. And the player is free to sign with any team. 

The real predicament, as I see it, is that we (essentially) put him on our IR prior to the season. Which generally means that he can’t be activated from that list — he’s done for the year, like Reuben Foster was last year when he got put on IR prior to the final cuts. So I can’t imagine that the rules would possibly allow us to wait until he’s cleared, then release him from IR, and then immediately sign him back onto our roster or practice squad to play this season. It would be a gigantic loophole in situations like this. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think you’re right, I think it’s because of the injury designation. Which really complicates things, because things get really messy in terms of the rules from the point when the guy gets released with the injury designation. 

From what I can tell, largely from this article, it looks like the parties will try to negotiate an injury settlement. This would be based on how long they agree the player would be out with the injury in question. An ACL might be all season, a high ankle sprain might be 4 weeks, a concussion might be 2 weeks, etc. They then pay the player for that many weeks of regular season games, and he’s released from the roster. 

The hitch there, in terms of keeping him, is that you can’t sign the player back onto the team until 6 weeks after the end of the injury settlement period. So if you agreed on 4 weeks of pay as part of the injury settlement, you can’t re-sign the player onto your roster until Week 10. Which obviously makes it extremely difficult to get him back into the fold, because he’d be passing up the chance to earn 6 weeks worth of game checks from some other team. 

The alternative, if they don’t want to do the injury settlement, is just to keep him on the IR until he’s cleared to play. Once the doctors clear him, the team can release him and will no longer have to pay/treat him any longer. And the player is free to sign with any team. 

The real predicament, as I see it, is that we (essentially) put him on our IR prior to the season. Which generally means that he can’t be activated from that list — he’s done for the year, like Reuben Foster was last year when he got put on IR prior to the final cuts. So I can’t imagine that the rules would possibly allow us to wait until he’s cleared, then release him from IR, and then immediately sign him back onto our roster or practice squad to play this season. It would be a gigantic loophole in situations like this. 

You are right from what I've read. I'm not clear if it's season ending if he ends up on our I R . They have 5 days to negotiate the injury payout if they pay him that and release him . His agent said he's fine ! Ready to go week one . I guess it'll play out but very confusing as it stands now.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

What in your mind did he do that makes being added to the practice squad so disrespectful? You think we wouldn’t have made the playoffs last year without his 1 reception for 3 yards???

All you Washington fans do is point out the 1 reception for 3 yards last year and write him off as a practice squad player. That is what I think is disrespectful. He has the potential to be an NFL player, on a roster, not on a PS.

You WFT fans need to read between the lines for last year. First off, it was 2020, there was no preseason/training camps for rookies to adjust to NFL. Especially raw players coming from small schools. It was known AGG was coming in raw, and the fact there was no preseason did not help. Fun fact, he came from Liberty, a school that just joined D1 FBS football 4 years ago! So 2021 comes around, and when there is a preseason, he leads the team in receiving. That's called developing. That's what players do when they are out on the field in live games. Sure, he missed some blocks, he still was picking up things, but from all accounts, he was successful the next times. That's called developing as a player. Getting better with experience. Practice squad does none of this, it hinders progress. 

What's most frustrating is I've followed WFT enough to know, that, if one of their WRs went down, I don't think AGG would be the first one to be called up. They'd likely sign Steven Sims off the streets, or another veteran wideout.