Practice Squad Roster

ARTMONK HOF

1 hour ago, theskawks said:

That's true, but if I had to guess, I bet they are scared to pull the trigger because they are wondering why Washington wouldn't keep him.

He’s on our practice squad, it’s not like we didn’t want to keep him, it’s just we have better WRs & needed our last WR to handle return duties. Also, Cam Sims & AGG are kind of redundant, big physical WRs who are developing & Cam started the second half of the season for us last year & played pretty well and he started the playoff game.

Our WR corps improved so much through the draft & FA that Cam went from 2nd to 5th on our depth chart this year.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

He’s on our practice squad, it’s not like we didn’t want to keep him, it’s just we have better WRs & needed our last WR to handle return duties. Also, Cam Sims & AGG are kind of redundant, big physical WRs who are developing & Cam started the second half of the season for us last year & played pretty well and he started the playoff game.

Our WR corps improved so much through the draft & FA that Cam went from 2nd to 5th on our depth chart this year.

Cam will block too ! Not sure about AGG .

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Wow, thought sure a Q B .. Kicker should send a message  ! He's been eratic and hurt a couple times . He has kicked a 58 yarder though . Young at age 25 . I'm glad we'll have a guy ready to go if needed . Hard to get a street kicker at the last minute - Good move guys !

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

it’s just we have better WRs & needed our last WR to handle return duties.

They have 2 wideouts that can handle return duties, Carter and Milne. Not sure why they needed both. Also, I know you guys like Milne a lot here, but I think he would have suited the practice squad better. Give the guy with more seniority a chance, that's how it usually goes.

8 hours ago, theskawks said:

All you Washington fans do is point out the 1 reception for 3 yards last year and write him off as a practice squad player. That is what I think is disrespectful. He has the potential to be an NFL player, on a roster, not on a PS.

You WFT fans need to read between the lines for last year. First off, it was 2020, there was no preseason/training camps for rookies to adjust to NFL. Especially raw players coming from small schools. It was known AGG was coming in raw, and the fact there was no preseason did not help. Fun fact, he came from Liberty, a school that just joined D1 FBS football 4 years ago! So 2021 comes around, and when there is a preseason, he leads the team in receiving. That's called developing. That's what players do when they are out on the field in live games. Sure, he missed some blocks, he still was picking up things, but from all accounts, he was successful the next times. That's called developing as a player. Getting better with experience. Practice squad does none of this, it hinders progress. 

What's most frustrating is I've followed WFT enough to know, that, if one of their WRs went down, I don't think AGG would be the first one to be called up. They'd likely sign Steven Sims off the streets, or another veteran wideout.

Look, I wanted the guy to be good. I was stoked when we drafted him and thought he was a steal. Well he wasn’t and he sucked. Like really bad. The biggest problem for AGG is he just cannot separate at this level. I hope he becomes something for us and he’ll most likely see time on the roster this year but he was absolutely dreadful last year and really did nothing to deserve a roster spot this season as well. Frankly, Kelvin Harmon deserved a roster spot before AGG and so did Steven Sims. Better players got cut to keep AGG around. 

On 9/3/2021 at 2:14 PM, theskawks said:

All you Washington fans do is point out the 1 reception for 3 yards last year and write him off as a practice squad player. That is what I think is disrespectful. He has the potential to be an NFL player, on a roster, not on a PS.

You WFT fans need to read between the lines for last year. First off, it was 2020, there was no preseason/training camps for rookies to adjust to NFL. Especially raw players coming from small schools. It was known AGG was coming in raw, and the fact there was no preseason did not help. Fun fact, he came from Liberty, a school that just joined D1 FBS football 4 years ago! So 2021 comes around, and when there is a preseason, he leads the team in receiving. That's called developing. That's what players do when they are out on the field in live games. Sure, he missed some blocks, he still was picking up things, but from all accounts, he was successful the next times. That's called developing as a player. Getting better with experience. Practice squad does none of this, it hinders progress. 

What's most frustrating is I've followed WFT enough to know, that, if one of their WRs went down, I don't think AGG would be the first one to be called up. They'd likely sign Steven Sims off the streets, or another veteran wideout.

Do you know him personally? I don’t really get the perspective/tone here.

I also don’t agree that he can’t get that experience on the practice squad. He was not ready to make an NFL roster right now, and his performance showed that pretty clearly. We could have said, have a nice life, hopefully that Jerry Falwell education sends you to a great job at Enterprise Rent a Car, but instead the team chose to invest a PS spot for him to continue to develop and maybe become a contributor. Will he make an active  roster at some point? No idea, but he’s a hell of a lot more likely to do it being around NFL coaches every day then he would be sitting in a cubicle everyday.

Finally, if someone else thought he was worthy of a 53 man slot they could just sign him. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 6:34 PM, theskawks said:

They have 2 wideouts that can handle return duties, Carter and Milne. Not sure why they needed both. Also, I know you guys like Milne a lot here, but I think he would have suited the practice squad better. Give the guy with more seniority a chance, that's how it usually goes.

You seem awfully biased, like all you care about is AGG. Us, in this forum care about the team. You didn’t see all the training camp practices, you didn’t see the preseason games etc, etc. No one in this forum is putting down AGG, Milne out performed AGG. The guy with seniority doesn’t always get it over the rookie, the best player should and usually does play or get the roster spot.

Carter is our primary return man, not Milne. 

You’re assuming that Milne wouldn’t be snagged up by someone else, no one knows that, the coaches didn’t feel that way and the coaches felt Milne outperformed AGG. 

So that’s it, it’s not changing for the time being at least.

On 9/6/2021 at 5:12 AM, turtle28 said:

Milne out performed AGG.

How, exactly? AGG had 7 for 77 yards and a 2 pt conversion in the preseason. (well, two honestly, we know one was robbed.) Milne had 5 for 52. AGG led the team in receiving in games 2 and 3. Milne was held without a catch in game 2, the game where the team played the starters the longest.

Unless you guys were in practice, which I know you weren't, there's no way you could say Milne played better in the preseason.

On 9/6/2021 at 5:12 AM, turtle28 said:

You seem awfully biased, like all you care about is AGG.

I think I said that, yeah, but you guys don't read what I post. I made an introduction post telling you I only followed this team cause I was a fan of AGG's. If you'd read what I post, you'd already know this.

8 hours ago, theskawks said:

I think I said that, yeah, but you guys don't read what I post. I made an introduction post telling you I only followed this team cause I was a fan of AGG's. If you'd read what I post, you'd already know this.

No, I read that. I was just reiterating it in that if you’re coming at from that point of view you’re not being rational because you’re only caring about one guy & not the team.

• Like 1