Week 8: Raiders @ Bills

big_palooka

13 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Uhh, we beat the Bills badly last year because we match up well against them. You're telling me they're now a mismatch to the point that they're gonna destroy us like the redskins did on SNF?

The Raiders are hot right now and if Downing can put it together, the defense has shown enough to think we have a good chance of winning.

I'm not trying to troll but

1) the Raiders are on a 1 game win streak. That constitutes as hot?

2) the 2017 raiders don't look like the 2016 raiders; at least not yet. Plus McDermott Bills >> Rex Ryan Bills.

I think it'll be a great game and the Raiders have a good chance at winning but idk about Raiders being hot and a huge mismatch against the Bills.

Just now, The BILLievers said:

I'm not trying to troll but

1) the Raiders are on a 1 game win streak. That constitutes as hot?

2) the 2017 raiders don't look like the 2016 raiders; at least not yet. Plus McDermott Bills >> Rex Ryan Bills.

I think it'll be a great game and the Raiders have a good chance at winning but idk about Raiders being hot and a huge mismatch against the Bills.

We just beat one of the best teams in the NFL. I guess one game isn't "hot", but it was a very very high-level performance.

Last week, the 2017 Raiders looked BETTER than the 2016 Raiders. We haven't beaten KC in 2 years. You realize that KC didn't even have one sack? Is buffalo's front 4 better than KC's?

I'd say that our performance against Buffalo last year indicates that we absolutely match up well against you guys. Sure coaching can make a big difference, but our offense has added even more talent in Patterson as a rusher, Cook as a great 3rd option, and our right tackle play as of late has been stellar. I'm not saying there'll be a blowout, but I think the Raiders are in a good spot for this matchup.

Also our LB situation was worse this time last year. Our young rooks weren't playing with great gap discipline and allowed McCoy to have himself a great day. I think Bowman will be more helpful in that regard.

11 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We just beat one of the best teams in the NFL. I guess one game isn't "hot", but it was a very very high-level performance.

Last week, the 2017 Raiders looked BETTER than the 2016 Raiders. We haven't beaten KC in 2 years. You realize that KC didn't even have one sack? Is buffalo's front 4 better than KC's?

I'd say that our performance against Buffalo last year indicates that we absolutely match up well against you guys. Sure coaching can make a big difference, but our offense has added even more talent in Patterson as a rusher, Cook as a great 3rd option, and our right tackle play as of late has been stellar. I'm not saying there'll be a blowout, but I think the Raiders are in a good spot for this matchup.

Also our LB situation was worse this time last year. Our young rooks weren't playing with great gap discipline and allowed McCoy to have himself a great day. I think Bowman will be more helpful in that regard.

Yeah I get where you're coming from but I don't think you can use that logic in todays NFL.. By that logic, no one else in the NFL will get a sack on the Raiders this season. But I do believe the Bills front 4 leads the NFL in pressures. The NFL is a parity league and just because one thing happens one week, doesn't mean it's going to translate the whole season.

Similar logic would be like saying "Well the Bills beat the Broncos, did the Raiders beat the broncos?". It's any given Sunday.

And same thing for the 2nd bolded paragraph. that all sounds good but their offense is averaging 310 yard per game this year as compared to 375 yards per game last year.

All I’m saying is we need to temper expectations a bit. The Raiders barely beat chiefs. Sure the offense played well but it’s the first time all season that’s happened, other than the jets game. Until last week the team has been flat against everyone else. After seeing that for 4 weeks I dont expect them to be electric against a bills team on the road. The Raiders offense needs to show up because half the secondary are backups and the other half are backups on other teams and they will get torched. 

24 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Yeah I get where you're coming from but I don't think you can use that logic in todays NFL.. By that logic, no one else in the NFL will get a sack on the Raiders this season. But I do believe the Bills front 4 leads the NFL in pressures. The NFL is a parity league and just because one thing happens one week, doesn't mean it's going to translate the whole season.

Similar logic would be like saying "Well the Bills beat the Broncos, did the Raiders beat the broncos?". It's any given Sunday.

And same thing for the 2nd bolded paragraph. that all sounds good but their offense is averaging 310 yard per game this year as compared to 375 yards per game last year.

Of course it's a parity league, but you're really denying that the Raiders are a bad matchup for the Bills, especially in terms of the passing offense?

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Of course it's a parity league, but you're really denying that the Raiders are a bad matchup for the Bills, especially in terms of the passing offense?

The Bucs certainly took advantage and that was when we were healthier in the back end. But Buffalo's D is very opportunistic so while I believe they Raiders will get their yards and points (I predicted 21) I also think the Bills will force two turnovers.

But talking about last years game makes no sense because not only are the Bills in a different scheme, but no corner or S from last years team is on this one. This should be a great matchup for both sides.

16 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The Bucs certainly took advantage and that was when we were healthier in the back end. But Buffalo's D is very opportunistic so while I believe they Raiders will get their yards and points (I predicted 21) I also think the Bills will force two turnovers.

But talking about last years game makes no sense because not only are the Bills in a different scheme, but no corner or S from last years team is on this one. This should be a great matchup for both sides.

If the Raiders only score 21, they're gonna lose most likely. And i mean sure, if you can predict turnovers then it's definitely gonna be in Buffalo's favor.

Tell me one corner who's playing on Sunday who can take Cooper? Crabtree? I mean I guess we'll see sunday.

46 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If the Raiders only score 21, they're gonna lose most likely. And i mean sure, if you can predict turnovers then it's definitely gonna be in Buffalo's favor.

Tell me one corner who's playing on Sunday who can take Cooper? Crabtree? I mean I guess we'll see sunday.

The Bills play mostly zone and their corners play sides, so there really won't be play A vs. player B. I even said with Gaines out and possibly Poyer the Bills secondary is in trouble. But they have bent and not really broken all year, or at least when they do break they make up for it with turnovers. I don't see why Sunday would be any different especially in the rain.

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Lol one week really got you hyped huh? Cooper was a huge bust this year minus last week.. but I guess now the raiders are super bowl favorites  

and yes I am denying that? If that’s what you want to call it. We gave Matt Ryan and jameis Winston an L so I’m pretty sure we can give Carr an L in Buffalo. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I love the confidence. And it’s not predicting turnovers, go look at the stats the past 6 games and how many turnovers we get. 

15 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Bills just traded away Dareus for a 6th. Interesting.

To Jax!

Ability wise that defense is scary. Now they have to get the best out of Dareus. Even if they get 75% that is still a Ngakoue - Dareus - Jackson - Campbell with Fowler, Day and Smoot rotating in.

You should read the discussion going on in the trade thread haha Bills Jax and LAR fans going at it.

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

I love the confidence. And it’s not predicting turnovers, go look at the stats the past 6 games and how many turnovers we get. 

Turnovers are a fickle feat. The Raiders were one of the best teams at forcing turnovers last year, this year we are the worst. So it fluctuates. Carr has thrown a bit more INTs thus far than we are used to, but he's generally very good at taking care of the football so we'll see.

I think the Bills are a good team, with a great young HC who is changing the culture and instilling a blue collar attitude on the team. They are a sound team, with good scheme who will rarely beat themselves. I could definitely see the Raiders losing in the rain on sunday, especially if we have no running game.

But - and I think Bills fans will admit - The Raiders have more high end talent than the Bills. So if both teams play their best, the Raiders best is better than Buffalo's. We'll see what teams show up Sunday, should be a good one.

Archived