Week 8: Raiders @ Bills

big_palooka

1 hour ago, riceman80 said:

All of which were upgrades aside from Lynch/Murray which is looking more and more like a wash...

SO Crab and Coop being hurt is an upgrade. Penn being out and having Alexander playing is an upgrade. Are you ok?

The only skill upgrades that I mentioned were Newhouse and Cook and that still can hurt an offense if they are used or integrated right. 

14 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

SO Crab and Coop being hurt is an upgrade. Penn being out and having Alexander playing is an upgrade. Are you ok?

The only skill upgrades that I mentioned were Newhouse and Cook and that still can hurt an offense if they are used or integrated right. 

Are you just ignoring the fact that i bolded the parts of your post that i was referring my argument to simply criticize my post for what it wasnt?

But yeah, obviously injured players are an upgrade ?

2 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Are you just ignoring the fact that i bolded the parts of your post that i was referring my argument to simply criticize my post for what it wasnt?

But yeah, obviously injured players are an upgrade ?

No, I legit didn't notice the bolded. But I did speak to those aspects as well. Plus I was plainly noting things that changed.

But yeah, sarcasm will fix it.

See what I did there.

4 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Yes, I think Lynch being more comfortable running behind zone sets even tho this line is a power beast is a legit reason.

Yes, I think Penn missing the whole preparation time for this would hurt the line.

Yes, I think the health of out skill players and QB have something to  do with it.

Yes, I think Cook learning to work with Carr and get in rhythm is a factor.

If you think those things are meaningless that's fine too. It's my opinion. I didn't say they are equal to the new rookie OC struggling (which I predicted). I was listing things that changed. PERIOD.

No one's saying those things won't affect a team... and of course there's turnover within a roster every year.. but not to the key pieces that made you successful... Donald Penn I get where you're coming from but we're half way thru the season... he's got his legs under him by now.  Crabs and COOP were also hurt/injured last year at times... 

My point in my original post is that none of those things = the un-believable drop off in the offense. And half a season is a good enough sample size that some struggling OC's don't normally get to see.  I get that you ""predicted"" downing would struggle but if your honest I don't think any of us saw it being this bad.  This offense should've had a shutout against WASH and aside from the first drive Sunday... went the rest of regulation that wasn't garbage time for the most part unable to move the ball.  

These are things that when they happen... people lose their jobs is my point. Which is why I referenced Cam Cameron in my original post.  There not being a suitable replacement that I know... it will be interesting to see if the team continues to struggle.. if TD costs JDR his job. :/

So after finally watching the Bills game tonight (I take my time whenever it's a loss) I still hold the view that the team is largely underperforming and it isn't largely a talent issue -- particularly on offense. I still really like the Jared Cook addition and Michael Crabtree continues to be a reliable and worthy #2. I think the real issue is Derek Carr's impatience in the pocket (he gets rid of the ball too early) and the lack of an emergent Amari Cooper.

The defense is much less talented, but it's built to feed off the offense not the other way around. The Raiders are built around the offense's ability to put pressure on teams to score and when it's not doing that, the whole team comes undone.

Overall, turnovers killed the Raiders against the Bills but it wasn't nearly the blowout suggested by the scoreboard.

Archived