MNF GDT Week 1: Ravens @ Raiders

NYRaider

Who wins/  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Ravens

This is a game we got to win. First game in the shiny new stadium with fans, it’s gonna be electric. This would be a huge win to start the season. If we can’t beat the Ravens at home with all their injuries then we are not who I think we are. It will be tough, the Ravens always come to play, but if we take care of the ball and keep Jackson under wraps we should get the W. 

Anyone going to the game? 

28 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Lol.

The Lamar polishing is absurd at this point. Dude is already just passable as far as QB play goes, and now he has practically no WRs. He's more likely to successfully pass Covid than the football. 

Once a team fields a good secondary and learns to stop the run, he's nearly useless. We have a tendency to start hot on Offense, and Lamar playing from behind is LOL. 

If we lose this, our offense got stopped by Baltimore's D. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Lol.

The Lamar polishing is absurd at this point. Dude is already just passable as far as QB play goes, and now he has practically no WRs. He's more likely to successfully pass Covid than the football. 

Once a team fields a good secondary and learns to stop the run, he's nearly useless. We have a tendency to start hot on Offense, and Lamar playing from behind is LOL. 

If we lose this, our offense got stopped by Baltimore's D. 

I just don’t want any built-in excuses if we win this game. The rest of the NFL thinks we are gonna get dogged

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I just don’t want any built-in excuses if we win this game. The rest of the NFL thinks we are gonna get dogged

Too late. 

"Lamar had no WRs"

"Lamar had no run game"

"Lamar is dealing with Covid after effects"

"Lamar is stressed because his more obnoxious than McNabb's mom is pretending to understand contracts"

17 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Dont think we have a better team than Baltimore tbh, but Gruden usually has this team ready to compete starting the season. And its the first regular season game with fans in the new stadium, i expect us to play better with that extra emotional lift.

Baltimore will be good but they rebuilt their offensive line, almost all of their top WR's are banged up, and they just lost JK Dobbins. On defense they lost their two best pass rushers as well. IIRC Lamar didn't get a ton of time to work with their WR during the off-season due to his covid situation. It will be a tough game for sure but we're only +4.5 in Vegas right now. This game reminds me of the Saints game in 2016, if we win I think it will be huge for our confidence and setting the tone for the season. 

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Too late. 

"Lamar had no WRs"

"Lamar had no run game"

"Lamar is dealing with Covid after effects"

"Lamar is stressed because his more obnoxious than McNabb's mom is pretending to understand contracts"

If anybody is going to be using that excuse it’s Ravens fans. I’d guess a lot of analytics/fantasy Twitter echos Ian haritz’s take even considering all the injuries 

On 9/3/2021 at 11:36 AM, Geezy said:

This is a game we got to win. First game in the shiny new stadium with fans, it’s gonna be electric. This would be a huge win to start the season. If we can’t beat the Ravens at home with all their injuries then we are not who I think we are. It will be tough, the Ravens always come to play, but if we take care of the ball and keep Jackson under wraps we should get the W. 

I would but opening games are always way too expensive, especially primtime. Plus I have a Hawaii trip end of Sept and can't get anymore time off. I might not go to a game this year, and if I do, it'd be Nov or Dec, certainly not Sept or Oct. Vegas is hot as hell in Sept and the first 3 weeks of October anyways. I doubt I will ever go to a September game lol.

On 9/3/2021 at 11:36 AM, Geezy said:

I'm going to the game... please let it be a good game.

Unrelated... but anyone got streaming tips to ensure I can watch every game from California? I assume Hulu+ is my best bet. My area doesn't have Sunday Ticket and I don't want to pay the $85/mo for DirectTV.

20 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I would but opening games are always way too expensive, especially primtime. Plus I have a Hawaii trip end of Sept and can't get anymore time off. I might not go to a game this year, and if I do, it'd be Nov or Dec, certainly not Sept or Oct. Vegas is hot as hell in Sept and the first 3 weeks of October anyways. I doubt I will ever go to a September game lol.

Yea got tickets for $650 each. Definitely insanely priced, but hotels/flights weren't too bad. 

39 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

I'm going to the game... please let it be a good game.

Unrelated... but anyone got streaming tips to ensure I can watch every game from California? I assume Hulu+ is my best bet. My area doesn't have Sunday Ticket and I don't want to pay the $85/mo for DirectTV.

Did you try Fubo??