MNF GDT Week 1: Ravens @ Raiders

NYRaider

Who wins/  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Ravens

8 hours ago, Geezy said:

this is a must win if we are to be taken seriously in the AFC, Ravens are banged up, we need to be able to take advantage, 

Not even just a win. We need to beat the hell out of them on the field. The score doesn't need to be a huge final spread, but it needs to be the type of game really never in doubt after the first few drives. 

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’m worried we lose this but I had to give us the W because I’m a massive homer.

Yeah it's going to be a tough game, especially if Richie doesn't play. We have more talent across the board on defense but none of them have played together very much and we have a new scheme. 

Ravens are a top 5 NFL team. They had the #2 scoring defense in the NFL last year and are returning 10 starters. 

I hope the Raiders can keep it competitive riding the emotion of the Vegas crowd. It's an early test for the Oline, which is suspect as well as the defense to contain a QB who can beat you multiple ways.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Ravens are a top 5 NFL team. They had the #2 scoring defense in the NFL last year and are returning 10 starters. 

I hope the Raiders can keep it competitive riding the emotion of the Vegas crowd. It's an early test for the Oline, which is suspect as well as the defense to contain a QB who can beat you multiple ways.

Ruggs/Edwards having to face Humphrey/Peters week 1 also isn't ideal. IIRC Gus has had some success limiting Lamar in the past though. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Where the hell have you been? Glad you're back!!

• Like 3

A win would be huge but a loss should be no surprise. The only teams who should be outright favored against BAL are KC and TB.  I do want it to be a competitive game. Getting blown out against a team this injury-riddled would not be a good sign

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Ruggs/Edwards having to face Humphrey/Peters week 1 also isn't ideal. IIRC Gus has had some success limiting Lamar in the past though. 

can get some big plays on Peters, just have to be careful. He makes plays, but gives up his share too. Need to take care of the ball around Humphrey, dudes a stud. 

The Ravens are one dimensional team and guess what we just picked up a couple of run stopping LBs and Ferrell, I know people don't like him because of his lack of pass rushing ability but he's really good at stopping the run. On offense I'm not worried, the Raiders can score on anyone. Gurden had the whole summer to prepare for this defense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I think everything else you said is true but I don't think Lamar can beat us with his arm. How we lose this game would be if we can't contain him as a runner and we can't score TDs

baltimore is pretty clearly the better team, but only reason we have a chance is how banged up their offense is right now, but Lamar can put up plenty of points on his own. I know Mariota is a nice scout team QB for mobile guys, but Lamar's mobility is on another level. Don't see how you actually prepare for that. While they are missing Bateman and Marquise Brown, Mark Andrews is still a big threat who knows how to get open on scramble drills. Watkins has lost a step, but he's still a good player.

On the other side, their corners are a problem. Marcus Peters has a history of picking off Carr, and Humphrey is obviously great. Our outside WRs aren't really proven yet. Only method of success would be for Ruggs to completely blow to lid over the top. If you cant win with technique, you just have to completely break the game with speed. Their pass rush is a bit weaker than years' past. They did pick up Justin Houston and he still has some juice. I imagine they'll try to have him test Leatherwood.

My money is on the Ravens straight up, though I'd take the Raiders against the spread

Edited by Turnobili

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah it's going to be a tough game, especially if Richie doesn't play. We have more talent across the board on defense but none of them have played together very much and we have a new scheme. 

We need to be able to run the football. We sucked at it last year. It needs to come together.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

We need to be able to run the football. We sucked at it last year. It needs to come together.

We were 7-3 when we rushed for 100+ yards with 2 of those losses being the Chargers OT game and the Dolphins game and 1-5 when we were held under 100 rushing yards. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

We were 7-3 when we rushed for 100+ yards with 2 of those losses being the Chargers OT game and the Dolphins game and 1-5 when we were held under 100 rushing yards. 

A team rushing for 100 yards is not impressive. 
We should be over 100 yards every week with the way Gruden has built the team, and his focus on running the ball. 

6 games without hitting 100 yards really shows we were not a good running team. 
Those 6 games too, I am sure we came out trying to run the ball too.