MNF GDT Week 1: Ravens @ Raiders

NYRaider

Who wins/  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Ravens

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Tape don't lie went over this. It was probably by design as he was already on his 2nd/3rd read. If Gruden dialed it up a little differently this could have been 6. Good to know we can get this kind of play going. I want to see at least 2-3 deep balls to Ruggs a game. If he's 1 on 1, what do you really have to lose? Plus it was good to see him catch that comeback route. If he can sell going deep, he can make some easy money with those.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

yes the bad snap goes on Carrs stats.
Im sure the Carr haters, will point to it all off season

Well that’s BS, I didn’t realize a snap like that goes down as a fumble for ANY qb, that sh*t ain’t right! Lol!  And the article I was reading definitely subtly used that as a dig...smh! That’s why I was asking cuz I’m thinking “I watched every second and I don’t remember him fumbling!” 46 yrs watching football and I never realized that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Well that’s BS, I didn’t realize a snap like that goes down as a fumble for ANY qb, that sh*t ain’t right! Lol!  And the article I was reading definitely subtly used that as a dig...smh! That’s why I was asking cuz I’m thinking “I watched every second and I don’t remember him fumbling!” 46 yrs watching football and I never realized that. 

yeah i def think Carr could deserve some blame, cause the O seemed out of sync right before the fumble snap, (and thats on Carr), but the ball was no where near him. It was a bad snap. 

Kind of like Carrs week 2 fumble last year on the pitch that hid Richard in his hands. 

4 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Carr haters be like...

*Looks at stats*

"Yeah but he fumbled week one against the Ravens!" 

54 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Someone who infrequently posts showed up for 1 or 2 posts to play out the anti-carr agenda, then mysteriously vanished. I'm pretty sure most of you know exactly who I'm talking about.

LOL its crazy cause IRL, I like to think im pretty unbiased, and rip on Carr during games when deserving, aka first half last week. . .  but the amount of hate he gets on this board with how bad our team is blows my mind. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

LOL its crazy cause IRL, I like to think im pretty unbiased, and rip on Carr during games when deserving, aka first half last week. . .  but the amount of hate he gets on this board with how bad our team is blows my mind. 

It's crazy. He sucked then completely turned it around. Whole offense was cooking after being down 14-0.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Some folks care more about fantasy and it shows. 

Best QB we've had, after a decade+ of Walter, Jawalrus, Gradkowski, McGloin, McCown, Brooks, etc., and people wanna replace him like he's hot garbage all because we didn't hit the absolute lottery on a Mahomes type 5000 yd/40td passer. 

It's not just mind blowing, it's a rejection of reality. Go back and look over the last 10 years at draft threads, I guarantee you people absolutely pounded the table for all kinds of 1st round QBs who couldn't hold Carr's jock. People wanted Manziel. People wanted Tua. People WANTED us (Carr) to fail so we could Tank for Three INT Trevor. I'm sure there were some Winless for Wentz posts too. Dump for Darnold. Lose for Lock. Burn it Down for Bottles. 

The Chiefs hit absolute gold. Nobody could have imagined that Mahomes was going to be so good so quick, and if they say otherwise, they're lying. 

Other teams hit gold in other ways. Wilson was a later pick. Goff would've flopped hard here. The Cardinals built a whole scheme around Murray that's getting good, but nowhere near a guarantee of long-term success. 

The Chargers lucked out with Herbert actually being good, because he was fairly lackluster at Oregon, particularly in big games.

The Lions and Packers had Stafford and Rodgers forever. Ditto with Pitt and Ben. Baltimore traded up for their QRB and had Flacco entrenched before that. So on, so forth. Most of the really successful QBs had been around a while during our hunt for a QB, and people tend to forget just how many busts we could've been stuck with in the meantime. 

Allen here? Flop. Luck probably retires even earlier with what we had for an O-line. Watson? Does being in Oakland and then Vegas make him keep his hands to himself, or are we in Houston's position? 

Since we took Carr, Mahomes and Herbert are really the only two QBs who have come along that would've undoubtedly been successful here and are actually playing football right now. 

My question is, who would people rather have THAT WE ACTUALLY COULD HAVE GOTTEN? Mahomes? 30 other teams are with us in that boat. Dak? I could see the argument, but Dallas also surrounded him with a gold mine of talent, so he's a wash for me. 

Carr is a borderline top 10 QB who sometimes plays like a top 5'er. Ahead of him are Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady- 3 guys we wouldn't have gotten when we took Carr or since, Allen- who would've flopped here, Wilson- in the first category, Stafford- who I find comparable to Carr in many ways, and? Are Jackson or Murray or Dak better for the offense we have had? All have had better weapons and/or organizations drafting around them. Matt Ryan? Anymore, are we SURE about that? Every one of those guys being assuredly better than Carr puts him at 11. Some of them are only questionably better. Herbert? Again, we weren't in a position to get him anyway. So what do anti-Carr people want? 

• Like 2