2021-2022 Roster Tracker & Player/Coach Performance

Empire Lies

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Berry must be feeling himself after seeing how McDowell is working out

Great, see what he can do and if he can fall in line. Dude was the #31 pick a few years ago, and he didn't pan out because of off the field stuff...and maybe that knee is fully healed.

Low risk move here.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 2

Vote of confidence for our linebackers. 

If we bring him in let him hang on the practice squad for a long time.

McDowell seems to have turned himself around somewhat, but we dont want too many guys with character issues on our team or one side of the ball. 

Takk, McDowell, and then foster would give us three guys with significant legal, or mental health issues.

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

McDowell seems to have turned himself around somewhat, but we dont want too many guys with character issues on our team or one side of the ball. 

Takk, McDowell, and then foster would give us three guys with significant legal, or mental health issues.

McDowell HAD some issues, but he’s been doing fine for a year or so now.  Lots of young guys do dumb stuff, but it’s entirely possible he’s matured.

As far as Takk, not really fair to speculate as we don’t know what’s going on.  Could have been grieving or something for all we know.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Or he’s watched our linebackers play football.

Thankfully this is Mack Wilson's year or some other ridiculous propaganda statement.

At least we have Sione Takitaki who is serviceable fitting iso and power against I Formation teams, but the other 90% of the time he's a major liability. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Thankfully this is Mack Wilson's year or some other ridiculous propaganda statement.

At least we have Sione Takitaki who is serviceable fitting iso and power against I Formation teams, but the other 90% of the time he's a major liability. 

Takitaki has a role moving forward, as does JOK.  The rest of these guys?? Yeah… idk man.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Takitaki has a role moving forward, as does JOK.  The rest of these guys?? Yeah… idk man.

I don't hate Takitaki as a depth guy, and he at least has roster value. The rest of them outside of JOK (he's more of a true APEX/STAR guy) can go away, because they're pretty useless. I was hoping Sione would have some EDGE hybrid ability, but that hasn't been the case at all. 

No question, losing Harrison early really hurt and it was apparent the rest of the way that he was supposed to be the guy on Kelce in the Red Zone, and the RB out of the backfield guy when he was lined up opposite the TE. Both killed us in the Red Zone and on 3rd Downs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don't hate Takitaki as a depth guy, and he at least has roster value. The rest of them outside of JOK (he's more of a true APEX/STAR guy) can go away, because they're pretty useless. I was hoping Sione would have some EDGE hybrid ability, but that hasn't been the case at all. 

No question, losing Harrison early really hurt and it was apparent the rest of the way that he was supposed to be the guy on Kelce in the Red Zone, and the RB out of the backfield guy when he was lined up opposite the TE. Both killed us in the Red Zone and on 3rd Downs.

Yeah it’s pretty clear we need to keep adding to this defense.

It’ll be interesting to see if we can have some success with some guys who many teams would view as tweeners based on our scheme. Harrison could be that guy, but he has to figure out how to stay on the field.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah it’s pretty clear we need to keep adding to this defense.

It’ll be interesting to see if we can have some success with some guys who many teams would view as tweeners based on our scheme. Harrison could be that guy, but he has to figure out how to stay on the field.

I expect us to move on from OBJ unless he comes in and absolutely blows the doors off and Baker and company are clicking on all cylinders. Plus, all of these guys are coming off of the books, unless we decide to lock a few up:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/cleveland-browns/

Here's the 2022 cap situation:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/cap/2022/

OBJ has no dead cap hit, and Jarvis is minimal (albeit I like Jarvis a ton). I don't see us getting rid of Bitonio and Tretter despite the potential "outs" there.

Unfortunately, Hooper's contract is an absolute albatross.