2021-2022 Roster Tracker & Player/Coach Performance

Empire Lies

20 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

What I hate about our linebackers is that anthony walker is 'the guy' but he is awful in coverage. 

I believe Foster is a MIKE so maybe he could replace Walker if this works out but who knows at this point

our LBs are (still) a mess I think

1 minute ago, zelbell said:

I believe Foster is a MIKE so maybe he could replace Walker if this works out but who knows at this point

IF we even sign Foster, and IF he's fully healthy, and IF he has his head screwed on correctly...

Then I'd assume Foster is your Mike, Takitaki and Mack Wilson are your 2 other regular players, and you really like your Nickel with Hill in the slot, Big Nickel with your trio of safeties, and your Dime package(s) with Greedy, Ward, Hill, and Newsome out there.

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I expect us to move on from OBJ unless he comes in and absolutely blows the doors off and Baker and company are clicking on all cylinders. Plus, all of these guys are coming off of the books, unless we decide to lock a few up:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/cleveland-browns/

Here's the 2022 cap situation:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/cap/2022/

OBJ has no dead cap hit, and Jarvis is minimal (albeit I like Jarvis a ton). I don't see us getting rid of Bitonio and Tretter despite the potential "outs" there.

Unfortunately, Hooper's contract is an absolute albatross. 

I absolutely think we need to keep Jarvis. Dude does so many things for us on offense. Would hope maybe we could work out a pay cut + extension for him to keep him around. OBJ I think you cut loose and draft a WR in the middle rounds kinda like Schwartz and roll with Jarvis + DPJ + Schwartz + draft pick

i think we gotta keep Njoku but Hoopers contract might inhibit that by the looks of it

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I expect us to move on from OBJ unless he comes in and absolutely blows the doors off and Baker and company are clicking on all cylinders. Plus, all of these guys are coming off of the books, unless we decide to lock a few up:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/cleveland-browns/

Here's the 2022 cap situation:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/cap/2022/

OBJ has no dead cap hit, and Jarvis is minimal (albeit I like Jarvis a ton). I don't see us getting rid of Bitonio and Tretter despite the potential "outs" there.

Unfortunately, Hooper's contract is an absolute albatross. 

I think we’re fine cap wise tbh.

Agreed on OBJ.  Jarvis I wouldn’t mind perhaps restructuring if he’d be open to it.  He has his limitations but he makes winning plays.

I wouldn’t move Bitonio or Tretter without a replacement who’s ready to go.  We need to draft that guy this year.

• Like 1

Just now, zelbell said:

I absolutely think we need to keep Jarvis. Dude does so many things for us on offense. Would hope maybe we could work out a pay cut + extension for him to keep him around. OBJ I think you cut loose and draft a WR in the middle rounds kinda like Schwartz and roll with Jarvis + DPJ + Schwartz + draft pick

I agree wholeheartedly with this. If DPJ and Schwartz prove capable, that's my trio, and maybe I bring Hollywood back as that 4th guy, although letting him walk would be funny just to watch Scrabble's head explod.

Just now, zelbell said:

i think we gotta keep Njoku but Hoopers contract might inhibit that by the looks of it

We'll have a lot of other guys coming off of the books next year, so I'd be fine spending some money on him, because I don't think that he breaks the bank, and plus Stefanski's scheme means that 2 quality TE's are pretty important to have.

3 minutes ago, zelbell said:

I doubt that we would just sit Walker down for Reuben Foster.

I'm going to withhold judgement on Walker until we get a few more games into the season.  Playing against the Chiefs is a nightmare.  He also probably has a lot of value we can't see as far as getting our defense aligned correctly.

It's a bummer he's bad in coverage though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think we’re fine cap wise tbh.

Agreed on OBJ.  Jarvis I wouldn’t mind perhaps restructuring if he’d be open to it.  He has his limitations but he makes winning plays.

I wouldn’t move Bitonio or Tretter without a replacement who’s ready to go.  We need to draft that guy this year.

I think that they're HOPING the kid from UC is the heir apparent at either the LG or RT spot. Nick Harris clearly isn't the answer at C at this point, so I'd look for the Browns to try to get a quality EDGE player or go for depth on the OL in the 2nd/3rd Round. Frankly I wouldn't be shocked if they went out and grabbed a WR pretty high as well.

• Like 1

Move on from OBJ, use that money for people that actually play, Ward, teller, Njoku. 

Keep Jarvis, he looked the best he has in years on sunday. 

Keep Bitonio and Tretter, I dont have confidence in Nick Harris to be more than a meh center. Cant mess up the oline. At this point it would be terrible team management to move on from Bitonio, he is cheap, 9 million per year and he is a top 3 LG. He was awesome Sunday. 

Tretter is solid, smart and tough. Have to keep that. Replace him next year in the draft. 

If clowney plays 17 games or so, we need to keep him, he looked great vs the chiefs,vs a lesser team he could really stand out.

• Like 2

OBJs money could pay for Njoku and half half to a third of an extension for Teller, Clowney or someone else. 

One thing I hated with the original trade for obj was that we lost one player ot was our 1st and peppers for obj. Had we kept the pick and taken dexter Lawrence and kept peppers we would be in a lot better position than we are now all things being equal. 

Our defense would be a lot stronger, imagine Lawrence and mcdowell together, and we would have had other options with the picks we used for harrison or lecounte 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think that they're HOPING the kid from UC is the heir apparent at either the LG or RT spot.

RG will likely be the most immediate need tbh.

Nick Harris clearly isn't the answer at C at this point, so I'd look for the Browns to try to get a quality EDGE player or go for depth on the OL in the 2nd/3rd Round. Frankly I wouldn't be shocked if they went out and grabbed a WR pretty high as well.

I think WR will be a day 2-3 pick every year tbh.

R1 this year will be OL, DE or DB imo.

Very likely, good point.

DB R1 intrigues me, and that's not a good sign, because that means Delpit and/or Greedy are done IMO.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

DE, CB, OL should be the order for round 1 every year until it’s QB again. 

Unless a special player drops to you at another position I’m always trying to stop their QB or protect ours in the 1st 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Very likely, good point.

DB R1 intrigues me, and that's not a good sign, because that means Delpit and/or Greedy are done IMO.

Perhaps, but I also think it could be a function of drafting players who play the most impactful positions high.

No team has ever had too many pass rushers or good DB’s.