2021-2022 Roster Tracker & Player/Coach Performance

Empire Lies

I wonder if the elevating of Ifeadi Odenigbo has anything to do with potentially bringing Sheldrick Redwine back on the practice squad.

---------------

Demetric Felton has a lot of the quickness and stop start ability and wiggle that a younger, healthier Jarvis Landry possessed.

Nowhere even close and will never have the catch radius, ball skills or route running ability that Jarvis has.

One thing to watch with Felton is he holds the ball as loose as anyone in the NFL and seems constantly susceptible for fumbles via strips or the ball being knocked out.

He's got to start holding the ball tighter instead of waving it around or he's going be a fumble machine.

With the Vikings edge/DE injuries & questions about Everson Griffen's health, their beat writers have been talking about Spielman being likely to sign Ifeadi Odenigbo off of the Browns practice squad.

Andrew Berry got out in front of that move and elevated Ifeadi to the 53 not only in the hopes to keep him on the roster, but likely also to see if he can generate more pressure than Joe Jackson as Joe is more of a run stopper. Ifeadi can do it all.

training-day-denzel-washington.gif

Ifeadi coming up along with the other moves means that the 16th practice squad spot now goes to Davion Davis while he gets back into the swing of things.

With TE Miller Foristall and Guard Tristen Hodge being added to the practice squad, that could mean TE Jordan Franks or Guard David Moore might be waived in the event that Andrew Berry seeks to add Sheldrick Redwine back to the Practice Squad.

David Moore is too good of a talent to not let him develop under Callahan for at least a year. They've been willing to give Curtis Weaver time, and I really hope Moore gets his time b/c I think he's a starting caliber Guard or Center in a ZBS.

Edited by Empire Lies

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

@Empire Lies

Ifeadi was protected on the PS

Interesting

Where do you find that info? Honestly, I'd like to be able to check that info each week, but the Cleveland beat writers for some reason don't publish it (at least the ones I read)

My understanding was that each week, up to 4 players can be protected from Tuesday to after the team's game ends that week; however, to give practice squad players upward mobility and the opportunity to better their careers that protection ends after gameday meaning that those players can be signed off other team practice squads Monday (assuming the game was Sunday). 

So, if they protected him today there would be no real reason to elevate him to the 53 except for creating a spot to sign Davion Davis, but they could've done that by other means.

I thought that since they elevated him to the 53 today that internal team decision takes precedent over other teams claims.

26 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

Interesting

Where do you find that info? Honestly, I'd like to be able to check that info each week, but the Cleveland beat writers for some reason don't publish it (at least the ones I read)

My understanding was that each week, up to 4 players can be protected from Tuesday to after the team's game ends that week; however, to give practice squad players upward mobility and the opportunity to better their careers that protection ends after gameday meaning that those players can be signed off other team practice squads Monday (assuming the game was Sunday). 

So, if they protected him today there would be no real reason to elevate him to the 53 except for creating a spot to sign Davion Davis, but they could've done that by other means.

I thought that since they elevated him to the 53 today that internal team decision takes precedent over other teams claims.

I thought you could have 3 permanently protected players. We had Ifeadi, mullens and one other

I'll check it out this afternoon. 

Edit. I stand corrected. 

If someone tries to sign someone they can be promoted to the active roster. 

Protection is weekly. 

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I thought you could have 3 permanently protected players. We had Ifeadi, mullens and one other

I'll check it out this afternoon. 

Edit. I stand corrected. 

If someone tries to sign someone they can be promoted to the active roster. 

Protection is weekly. 

The rules change so much and there's little transparency regarding what they are and beat writers don't cover it so it's hard to know what's what.

Will be interesting to see the promotion and waive decisions over the next few weeks while Jarvis and Anthony Walker are on temp I.R.