Will Baker Mayfield cement himself as a top-10 QB this year?

WizeGuy

Will Baker cement himself as a top-10 QB this year?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What say you?

I was really impressed with the way Mayfield closed out the last 1/3 (or so) of the season. In my mind, he was playing like a legit top-10 QB. Going through many QB rankings on the site- it seems many have at the lower end of the top-10, or just outside the top-10, so I must ask- does he cement himself as a top-10 QB? Another year in the same system for once, incredible running game to rely on, good weapons, etc...I think he does it. What say you?!

He has all the tools around him to be that type of QB, as most have said he played a lot better later in the year. One thing I notice with Baker is he gets a lot of passes knocked down at the line of scrimmage...not that that alone will keep him from being Top 10 or anything, just something that seems to happen to him more often than others

He sort of already has by dint of retirements. Brees, Rivers and Luck opened up spots in the top 10. Ben isn’t far behind, and Watson probably won’t play this year. Who is definitely above Mayfield now?

Wilson, Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen are the only non-debatable picks. That leaves five top ten spots to spread between Mayfield, Tannehill, Jackson, Prescott, Cousins, Herbert, Carr, Stafford, Goff.

33 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

He sort of already has by dint of retirements. Brees, Rivers and Luck opened up spots in the top 10. Ben isn’t far behind, and Watson probably won’t play this year. Who is definitely above Mayfield now?

Wilson, Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen are the only non-debatable picks. That leaves five top ten spots to spread between Mayfield, Tannehill,Jackson, Prescott, Cousins, Herbert, Carr, Stafford, Goff.

I'd rather have Matt Ryan still to be fair. I probably wouldn't but some would say Murray, and some might say Burrow will make his jump.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Wilson, Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen are the only non-debatable picks. That leaves five top ten spots to spread between Mayfield, Tannehill, Jackson, Prescott, Cousins, Herbert, Carr, Stafford, Goff.

Absolutely not.

Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Jackson, Wilson, Allen, and Prescott are clearly better and there is a significant gap between them and Baker. But he does have a shot at the top 10. 

I have Murray, Tannehill, Herbert as a notch above Baker but he could break into the top 10 with his play this year.