Week 1: Jaguars @ Texans - A new era begins

pwny

5 hours ago, Berries said:

Almost got up at 3am for this I was decently excited for the season but now I am glad I did not ruin my sleep patterns for it.

Blown out by the Texans to, not like it was Tampa Bay.

You made the wise decision, but I will admit that it was nice to watch Trevor (first half) and to dream of the potential that the team has. 

Edited by Jags
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Week 1 is weird. I wouldn't put too much stock in this result. But the things y'all have pointed out about disorganization are interesting. Hopefully, Meyer learns from it.

Meyer better get more involved, because that team looked completely unprepared. It is indeed just one week though.

Some of the throws he made were absolutely sensational. The receivers did him absolutely no favors yesterday either.

There were also me some wtf throws in there as well. That 3rd interception was horrendous. Not even sure what he was looking at.

For his first game, he had his ups and downs but I have no doubt he will be a stud for a long long time. 

The obvious concerns is how unprepared this team looked and how undisciplined they were. 

5 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

There were also me some wtf throws in there as well. That 3rd interception was horrendous. Not even sure what he was looking at.

After maybe 3 drives ended, I saw him talking to coaches or to a receiver and making hand motions that would indicate to me that he and the receivers weren’t on the same page for the route that needed to be ran. I was a little…foggy…by the third INT, but I think that was one of them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

As long as they keep Trevor upright, I’m good. Hold all you want like they did yesterday. I just need him healthy to get through this season.

Safe to say our O-Line will get a nice overhaul next season. I think the only started that will return will be Linder.

To be fair, it doesn’t help with the play calling we had yesterday either. This OL is much better run blocking than pass blocking, we all know that. The guy who carried our offense last year had what, 5 carries? 

Can’t abandon the run that early. It was within reach until the 3rd quarter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pwny said:

After maybe 3 drives ended, I saw him talking to coaches or to a receiver and making hand motions that would indicate to me that he and the receivers weren’t on the same page for the route that needed to be ran. I was a little…foggy…by the third INT, but I think that was one of them. 

You could definitely tell there was some miscommunication throughout the day. Aside from a couple of throws, Trevor and Chark had no chemistry. Kind of expected though.

Just now, .Buzz said:

To be fair, it doesn’t help with the play calling we had yesterday either. This OL is much better run blocking than pass blocking, we all know that. The guy who carried our offense last year had what, 5 carries? 

Can’t abandon the run that early. It was within reach until the 3rd quarter.

Absolutely. Trevor shouldn’t be dropping back 52 times in his first start. Once we got down 14, I knew we would abandon the run. 

Gving up 1 sack in 52 dropbacks is damn good but then we had what, like 3 or 4 holding calls.

I love seeing Trevor throw but James needs 25 carries this week. Especially with Von and Chubb coming to town.

• Like 1