Wheel of Time Season 2 (Sept 1 Amazon Prime)

The Gnat

10 hours ago, Xenos said:

I get it. Even though I stopped reading after a certain point. The people involved seemed to have the right motivation and passion. So they got the first part down. Whether that actually comes out correctly is the other hard part.

Yup, the show runner is a book fan, most of the actors are deep in the book series, Jordan’s widow and editor is involved, Sanderson is involved. There is absolutely zero reason we have to worry about that the people making the series don’t love or know the source material.

There will be changes, there has to be, but they will stay true to the spirit of the books.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I am actually with @Outpost31 on this one. Especially on the set design and costume design. It's so bright and colorful and really takes me out of it. The aesthetic doesn't look real, it doesn't lend itself to a sense of believability. 

I think it looks believable in a LOTR sense. Which I think is the point.

41 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I think it looks believable in a LOTR sense. Which I think is the point.

LOTR was filled with drably dressed adventurers and royalty with fancy but realistic garb. This show seems to have dyes for days and grandiose gold wings on fancy garb. Its a tad over the top. 

It might portray fine within the context of the show, but shown in brief glimpses it looks over the top. 

• Like 1

Just now, Deadpulse said:

LOTR was filled with drably dressed adventurers and royalty with fancy but realistic garb. This show seems to have dyes for days and grandiose gold wings on fancy garb. Its a tad over the top. 

It might portray fine within the context of the show, but shown in brief glimpses it looks over the top. 

Yeah, really the only thing that looked ethereal in LotR was the elvish stuff.  Even the gleaming white city of Gondor looked dirty as hell, lol.

13 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I am actually with @Outpost31 on this one. Especially on the set design and costume design. It's so bright and colorful and really takes me out of it. The aesthetic doesn't look real, it doesn't lend itself to a sense of believability. 

Most of the world in the old days was very colorful. Just look at all the paintings of people and places. Loads of color. No idea why our tv shows and movies have decided everyone wore brown and black......especially people in battles and armor and whatnot. Color was how you knew what side you were on.

Edited by PrplChilPill

11 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I’ll have to watch the trailer again but it looks like most of the fancy garb and color schemes are hitting specific places and people like the Aes Sedai.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Xenos said:

I don’t remember nudity and sex being a thing in WOT. But it’s been a long time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10181743/amp/Rosamund-Pike-reveals-naked-men-women-Wheel-Time.html

It's not predominant but there is some in it, and some of the Aes Sedai tests and stuff like that, and there's a little bit but it's mainly "off camera" so to speak

On 10/29/2021 at 6:12 PM, Woz said:

Okay, important questions:

1. Who is your Dresden?
  2. Who is your Karrin?

I want Dresden Files too, unrelated to main topic. I'm not sure who I want for Karrin, but Dresden, I want to hear what Tom Ellis sounds like doing a "normal" American accent compared to his Michael American accent in Lucifer, but he would have a good look and has the height