Wheel of Time Season 2 (Sept 1 Amazon Prime)

The Gnat

13 minutes ago, SMashMouthMike said:

The one woz was referring to. 

edit-yeah the loom and threads I guess.

I just thought Rand having a bow meant something particularly special because no one else seems to have a bow.

I mostly skip intros unless it’s really good. 

I can’t remember if the bow had any significance in the book but it didn’t seem out of place for me.

18 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I mostly skip intros unless it’s really good. 

I can’t remember if the bow had any significance in the book but it didn’t seem out of place for me.

It's a bit of a symbol for the men of Two Rivers, sort of like the braids for the Women's Circle.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I really liked the book intro…so it was disappointing to not see it on the big screen. I’ve only made it through the first episode…so we’ll see. 

You mean the traditional "the wheel turns and ages become legend" marker? It was at the end of episode 1.

Or do you mean something else?

14 hours ago, Woz said:

The loom and threads?

For reasons I don't quite understand, they played down his pranking, joking side in the first couple of episodes. That makes his season one character arc harder to see for the audience.

But the actor was spot on for episode 3.

I think they made a good choice of making Mat’s humor more subdued and dry ie. his two questions to Lan at Shadar Logoth. It actually got a chuckle out of me.

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

Now I know why I’m annoyed with the actor playing Rand. He looks and feels like he’s channeling Hayden Christiansen’s Anakin. Maybe that’s deliberate 😆

I never read the books and have no idea about the series, but that is all I can focus on when I see him.

Downloaded the first 3 episodes for my flight, not sure if I’ll keep watching, but it’s enjoyable.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Xenos said:

I think they made a good choice of making Mat’s humor more subdued and dry ie. his two questions to Lan at Shadar Logoth. It actually got a chuckle out of me.

Oh very much so, but that was the first time that I really recognized that.

I'm two episodes in and I'm enjoying it. I thought the first one they crammed too much into and added in one piece of character development in a way that was heavy handed with Perrin. I get what they were going for, they just weren't subtle about it. The second episode I liked a lot. And I also don't know that I can think of a show that has better casting. Everyone works really well in the show. I missed the Tam fever dream as well, I get what they are doing, again, it just feel less interesting.

46 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I'm two episodes in and I'm enjoying it. I thought the first one they crammed too much into and added in one piece of character development in a way that was heavy handed with Perrin. I get what they were going for, they just weren't subtle about it. The second episode I liked a lot. And I also don't know that I can think of a show that has better casting. Everyone works really well in the show. I missed the Tam fever dream as well, I get what they are doing, again, it just feel less interesting.

Yeah, i was hoping for a little more inferences to:

Spoiler

Rand's heritage.   I think they kind of did with the Aiel and the hair but the fever dream really would've made that clearer.   They must be wanting to go with the mystique of who the Dragon is, but I think after episode 3 it's already becoming clear there.

2 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Yeah, i was hoping for a little more inferences to:

Reveal hidden contents

Rand's heritage.   I think they kind of did with the Aiel and the hair but the fever dream really would've made that clearer.   They must be wanting to go with the mystique of who the Dragon is, but I think after episode 3 it's already becoming clear there.

Spoiler

Agreed, I think that it'd be a more interesting story to see Rand struggle with it versus "who is the dragon" - everyone knows

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I think I need to see another 3 episodes before I can really judge this, but the set designs and costumes are great. A little bugged that Rand doesn't have red hair. He looks like a lannister.

He doesn’t have red hair? It looks plenty red to me when viewing the show.