Raiders sign LB K.J. Wright

Turnobili

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Lmao. I'm not used too it, typically we just draft guys like Marquel Lee, Ben Heeney, etc in the mid rounds and expect them to be plug and play.

Man that hurt to read.  I felt the pain just hit my chest.  We've really ignored the LB position since R. McClain.  Just practically dropped it in the trash.

With Kwit restructuring does it open the door for a potential trade or would we still be on the hook for a significant dead cap figure? 

With Wright & Littleton likely nickel LBs and Perryman as potential MLB in 3 LB sets just wondering what role Kwit has. Staff obviously like Morrow. 

4 hours ago, Dessie said:

With Kwit restructuring does it open the door for a potential trade or would we still be on the hook for a significant dead cap figure? 

With Wright & Littleton likely nickel LBs and Perryman as potential MLB in 3 LB sets just wondering what role Kwit has. Staff obviously like Morrow. 

Dead cap would be 7M (current cap hit is 2.5M). Seems very unlikely.

Actually, the dead cap for 2021 would be manageable and if he isn't starting in the base, i doubt he's kept in 2022. Could be an option before the trade deadline. 

Edited by oakdb36
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Dead cap would be 7M (current cap hit is 2.5M). Seems very unlikely.

Actually, the dead cap for 2021 would be manageable and if he isn't starting in the base, i doubt he's kept in 2022. Could be an option before the trade deadline. 

Seems a strange thing for Kwit to do, restructure to allow his replacement to be brought in. Wondered if it made it easier him to be traded as that would be a possible explanation. 

3 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Seems a strange thing for Kwit to do, restructure to allow his replacement to be brought in. Wondered if it made it easier him to be traded as that would be a possible explanation. 

It could be since a team trading for him would pay him a lower base salary now. Should be more enticing for cap strapped teams.

• Like 1