Jump to content

Raiders sign LB K.J. Wright


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

You are allowed to have 3 green dot wearers on the sideline and active and if one gets hurt then another guy can take his helmet. Just like if a QB goes down the backup is now a green dot wearer.

Source - https://www.sportscasting.com/whats-with-the-green-dots-on-nfl-helmets-and-how-many-players-have-them/

 

I thought only one on the field at the same time.  I guess if they have multiple helmets it is not a big deal.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I like the mix at Lb now. 3 thumpers in Wright, Perryman and Kwiat. 3 flyers in Littleton, Muse and White and a tweener in Morrow. Will be interesting to see how the snap count and sub rotations plays out for Bradley.

Its crazy because Wright and Kwit can still cover though. Perryman ehh, but he's an absolute hammer in the run game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

 

looks like Kwiat at 1:45.  One of the things you notice is he is making the play before the ball carrier can even get their head around to see where he is.  It is a decade late but Wright is finally a Raider.  Hopefully I do not have to wait 10 years for us to sign Dexter Lawrence in free agency.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, drfrey13 said:

looks like Kwiat at 1:45.  One of the things you notice is he is making the play before the ball carrier can even get their head around to see where he is.  It is a decade late but Wright is finally a Raider.  Hopefully I do not have to wait 10 years for us to sign Dexter Lawrence in free agency.

Bro if we sign/trade for/draft a top DT, I'll jump for joy. The most excited I'll be since we got Moehrig at free safety.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Bro if we sign/trade for/draft a top DT, I'll jump for joy. The most excited I'll be since we got Moehrig at free safety.

Imagine if we could go back and grab Lawrence over Ferrell now.  And yes Lawrence is athletic enough to put next to Hankins and play 3T.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I thought only one on the field at the same time.  I guess if they have multiple helmets it is not a big deal.

Yeah, my understanding is one on the field at time but you are allowed to have 3 guys with the dot designated. If they leave the sidelines (injury or ejected) then it can be given to their replacement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Its crazy because Wright and Kwit can still cover though. Perryman ehh, but he's an absolute hammer in the run game.

What I like specifically is that the Raiders have now every type of player and every type of position on defense

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Or Ed Oliver.

Oliver would be nice but he has had some off field stuff and seems like he is going to eventually make a bad mistake.  Not that I think he is a bad person but the DUI gun situation and adderrall would have been treated differently if he was on the Raiders.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Its crazy because Wright and Kwit can still cover though. Perryman ehh, but he's an absolute hammer in the run game.

I put KJ in the thumper category because I saw someone mention that he came off the field in 3rd down situations abd he is older. But he still had a 78% coverage ranking on PFF and he played out of position last year (WLB instead of SLB). I'm so happy we got him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NightTrainLane said:

I put KJ in the thumper category because I saw someone mention that he came off the field in 3rd down situations abd he is older. But he still had a 78% coverage ranking on PFF and he played out of position last year (WLB instead of SLB). I'm so happy we got him.

I don't know who said that but he played 86% of the Seahawks snaps last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Oliver would be nice but he has had some off field stuff and seems like he is going to eventually make a bad mistake.  Not that I think he is a bad person but the DUI gun situation and adderrall would have been treated differently if he was on the Raiders.

Possibly. I haven't followed him much, but he was so disruptive in college. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

You are allowed to have 3 green dot wearers on the sideline and active and if one gets hurt then another guy can take his helmet. Just like if a QB goes down the backup is now a green dot wearer.

Source - https://www.sportscasting.com/whats-with-the-green-dots-on-nfl-helmets-and-how-many-players-have-them/

 

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of that. 

I was aware that the backup QB could take over when replacing the starting QB. 

I assumed as much for the dot wearer on defense, but I still assumed it was only one spot overall.

Appreciate it. 

Edit - Wait, if it's still only one on the field at any given time, the question still kind of stands. How does the system work out if Perryman or KWit were going to be the dot wearer, but they come off the field on 3rd downs? It's not like we are going to have Littelton or Wright run off to the sideline and change their helmet. Or is it possible to have the dot on a helmet and just keep the radio to the coordinator off until the other comes off the field?

May sound silly, but I legitimately don't know. I was just under the impression that it was one per offense and defense and if that player went down someone else (backup QB on offense) was allowed to take over. So I don't totally understand how that would translate to defense if you are wanting one guy to call the defense in the base and another to call it in the nickel without an injury occurring. 

Edited by Mr Raider
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...