Jump to content

Raiders sign LB K.J. Wright


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Turnobili said:

how we created the cap space:

i thought it would have made more sense to just extend Carr and move over some of his 2021 salary to future years, but thats just me. void years do nothing but create some guaranteed dead cap at the end of his second year

This should give you a good idea of how they feel about Carr.  Carr's contract is low hanging fruit if you wanted to keep him around.  The fact that nothing has been done yet makes me think they are not 100% sold on Carr yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

This should give you a good idea of how they feel about Carr.  Carr's contract is low hanging fruit if you wanted to keep him around.  The fact that nothing has been done yet makes me think they are not 100% sold on Carr yet.

they havent drafted a QB for 4 years now despite having 7 first round picks in that time. i think they're content.

they're not in a rush to extend him because he's still under contract for 2022

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.nfl.com/videos/ian-rapoport-why-lb-k-j-wright-signed-with-raiders

So it turns out he wanted to play here from the beginning and they wanted him from the beginning. They just had to get the number right. Of course there was no rush to get it done because KJ Wright already knows the system like the back of his hand. This also made sense to why they would draft someone like Deablo(who is a high potential developmental prospect this stage) in the third round of the draft. The plan was for him to develop behind already established starters in a similar way to Malcolm Koonce developing behind Yannick and Crosby. That's how the good teams do it.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Turnobili said:

they havent drafted a QB for 4 years now despite having 7 first round picks in that time. i think they're content.

they're not in a rush to extend him because he's still under contract for 2022

We brought in MM and kept Peterman.  More reasons than Carr for why we have not drafted a QB.  Plus I do not think Gruden likes rookie QBs that much.  Seems like the type to grab a vet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, drfrey13 said:

We brought in MM and kept Peterman.  More reasons than Carr for why we have not drafted a QB.  Plus I do not think Gruden likes rookie QBs that much.  Seems like the type to grab a vet.

the mere fact that our roster carries backup QBs is not indicative of Carr being replaced

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

the mere fact that our roster carries backup QBs is not indicative of Carr being replaced

Of course not but the one we signed to such a big contract in the beginning is.  Also the 2 backups do not have the same play style as the starting QB and are closer to the style Gruden likes.  Not saying they are better than Carr just that most teams like a backup to have a similar play style as the starter.  Gruden is handcuffed to Carr.  Now whether that is by choice is where we have to speculate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Of course not but the one we signed to such a big contract in the beginning is.  Also the 2 backups do not have the same play style as the starting QB and are closer to the style Gruden likes.  Not saying they are better than Carr just that most teams like a backup to have a similar play style as the starter.  Gruden is handcuffed to Carr.  Now whether that is by choice is where we have to speculate.

This is it for Carr, he is surrounded by enough  talent where he needs to be the difference in taking us to the playoffs. We have a solid roster with no glaring holes, good QBs win in those situations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Geezy said:

This is it for Carr, he is surrounded by enough  talent where he needs to be the difference in taking us to the playoffs. We have a solid roster with no glaring holes, good QBs win in those situations. 

Lol tho Raiders homerism on here is flat out delusional. Basically a 25 percent chance that we have a top 5 pick on a team "littered with talent".  You guys seriously have such a limited understanding of football talent yet make comments like you actually have a clue regarding what you're talking about.  We've been dumpster diving the last two months for AARP players who haven't had much interest from other teams. 

Our odds to win the SB are +8000 or 27th overall with a roster "littered with talent" according to you. 

Do you care to explain how the odds are so far off base and how ESPN is flat out wrong when looking at our roster talent?

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/03/espn-gives-raiders-23-2-chance-to-earn-top-5-pick-in-2022/

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lol tho Raiders homerism on here is flat out delusional. Basically a 25 percent chance that we have a top 5 pick on a team "littered with talent".  You guys seriously have such a limited understanding of football talent yet make comments like you actually have a clue regarding what you're talking about.  We've been dumpster diving the last two months for AARP players who haven't had much interest from other teams.  SMH

Our odds to win the SB ate +8000 or 27th overall with a roster "littered with talent" according to you. 

Do you care to explain how the odds are so far off base and how ESPN is flat out wrong when looking at our roster talent?

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/03/espn-gives-raiders-23-2-chance-to-earn-top-5-pick-in-2022/

they hate us cause they aint us!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

they hate us cause they aint us!

They hate us because we have no talent in comparison to the rest of the NFL.  Multiple 1st round picks wasted, terrible free agent signings, a terrible HC/GM combo (hey, at least they were on TV) and a two decade track record of being one of the worst ran organizations not only in the NFL but in all of professional sports....  That is why they hate us. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

They hate us because we have no talent in comparison to the rest of the NFL.  Multiple 1st round picks wasted, terrible free agent signings, a terrible HC/GM combo (hey, at least they were on TV) and a two decade track record of being one of the worst ran organizations not only in the NFL but in all of professional sports....  That is why they hate us. 

i thought the exclamation mark would have given it away that i was being sarcastic

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

They hate us because we have no talent in comparison to the rest of the NFL.  Multiple 1st round picks wasted, terrible free agent signings, a terrible HC/GM combo (hey, at least they were on TV) and a two decade track record of being one of the worst ran organizations not only in the NFL but in all of professional sports....  That is why they hate us. 

I do not think we are a playoff lock but you put a top QB on this team and they should make the playoffs.  We have wasted picks and cap space but i do not believe we have no talent.  We have 3 top 100 players but at the same time we had the opportunity to have a lot more talent than that if we drafted the way this board has wanted us to.  The defense looks better on paper and should be much improved.  If the offense can repeat then we are a playoff team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...