Raiders sign LB K.J. Wright

Turnobili

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lol tho Raiders homerism on here is flat out delusional. Basically a 25 percent chance that we have a top 5 pick on a team "littered with talent".  You guys seriously have such a limited understanding of football talent yet make comments like you actually have a clue regarding what you're talking about.  We've been dumpster diving the last two months for AARP players who haven't had much interest from other teams. 

Our odds to win the SB are +8000 or 27th overall with a roster "littered with talent" according to you. 

Do you care to explain how the odds are so far off base and how ESPN is flat out wrong when looking at our roster talent?

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/03/espn-gives-raiders-23-2-chance-to-earn-top-5-pick-in-2022/

where did i say we have elite anything, i literally said surrounded by ENOUGH talent, how is that being a homer lmao. youre just scared to apply pressure on Carr. He has 4 first round picks (Ruggs, Jacobs, Leatherwood, Miller) a top 3 TE, solid veteran OGs, solid slot WR, a top end RB2. you claim Carr is a top 10 QB, he should be able to get it done with the cast around him. Do you believe in Carr or just want to continue to make excuses for him? I personally believe in Carr enough to make that statement. Top end QBs elevate those around him, if Carr is that then he needs to show and prove. Cant just keep blaming everything around him. 

just because you have no class and can only insult posters that dont agree with you dont mean you know wtf you are talking about 

37 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not think we are a playoff lock but you put a top QB on this team and they should make the playoffs.  We have wasted picks and cap space but i do not believe we have no talent.  We have 3 top 100 players but at the same time we had the opportunity to have a lot more talent than that if we drafted the way this board has wanted us to.  The defense looks better on paper and should be much improved.  If the offense can repeat then we are a playoff team.

we win more games, more players in the top 100. 

Guys in here claim DC is a top QB, myself included. At some point he needs to elevate a team. This team has enough talent to make it to the playoffs and Carr needs to be the difference. Ive defended Carr on here since he got drafted, but hes needs to show he is the man. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not think we are a playoff lock but you put a top QB on this team and they should make the playoffs.  We have wasted picks and cap space but i do not believe we have no talent.  We have 3 top 100 players but at the same time we had the opportunity to have a lot more talent than that if we drafted the way this board has wanted us to.  The defense looks better on paper and should be much improved.  If the offense can repeat then we are a playoff team.

we have a young team, but the rebuild is over. It's time for the young guys to step up, the old vets are just patching up some holes we had. Majority of this team is young or in their prime 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Geezy said:

where did i say we have elite anything, i literally said surrounded by ENOUGH talent, how is that being a homer lmao. youre just scared to apply pressure on Carr. He has 4 first round picks (Ruggs, Jacobs, Leatherwood, Miller) a top 3 TE, solid veteran OGs, solid slot WR, a top end RB2. you claim Carr is a top 10 QB, he should be able to get it done with the cast around him. Do you believe in Carr or just want to continue to make excuses for him? I personally believe in Carr enough to make that statement. Top end QBs elevate those around him, if Carr is that then he needs to show and prove. Cant just keep blaming everything around him. 

just because you have no class and can only insult posters that dont agree with you dont mean you know wtf you are talking about 

Surrounded by "enough" talent according to who?  You?  Lol 

Explain to me how espn, pff and vegas odds say we have a dumpster fire roster once again and you're correct? You say I'm the one with excuses..... Hahahahahahah

Here's a PFF article , reinforcing the ESPN article that says we have one of the worst rosters in the NFL:

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/01/pff-names-raiders-roster-among-the-worst-in-nfl/

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Surrounded by "enough" talent according to who?  You?  Lol 

Explain to me how espn, pff and vegas odds say we have a dumpster fire roster once again and you're correct? You say I'm the one with excuses..... Hahahahahahah

Here's a PFF article that says we have one of the worst rosters in the NFL:

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/01/pff-names-raiders-roster-among-the-worst-in-nfl/

8-8 and much better on defense, If Carr is who you claim he is you shouldnt be so scared to go out on a limb and say he should carry this unit to the playoffs. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

8-8 and much better on defense, If Carr is who you claim he is you shouldnt be so scared to go out on a limb and say he should carry this unit to the playoffs. 

Keep drinking the kool aid and wearing blinders.   

You are clearly in the minority with your homer opinion.  Show me one article that projects us anywhere close to the middle of the pack on D or some article stating that we have "enough" talent on either side of the ball......

I listed three stating that we are a dumpster fire and you are talking up our talent.  ESPN says we have a 25% chance at a top 5 pick, PFF states we have one of the worst rosters in the NFL,  Vegas odds for us to win the SB at +8000 (27th overall).....

Your opinion is what I call homerism at it's finest....

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

6 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I’ve been Pretty clear how much of a carr supporter I am but this is a very good point

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Carry a consensus dumpster fire of a roster to the playoffs?  How did that work out for Watson last season who many on here consider a top 5 NFL QB?  

I think anyone would be pretty hard pressed to be able to compare our roster this year to the Texans roster last year and find them identical

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Carry a consensus dumpster fire of a roster to the playoffs?  How did that work out for Watson last season who many on here consider a top 5 NFL QB?  

Scared, save the built in excuses 

Edited by Geezy

12 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Keep drinking the kool aid and wearing blinders.   

You are clearly in the minority with your homer opinion.  Show me one article that projects us anywhere close to the middle of the pack on D or some article stating that we have "enough" talent on either side of the ball......

I listed three stating that we are a dumpster fire and you are talking up our talent.  ESPN says we have a 25% chance at a top 5 pick, PFF states we have one of the worst rosters in the NFL,  Vegas odds for us to win the SB at +8000 (27th overall).....

Your opinion is what I call homerism at it's finest....

You’re just a Carr nut hugger who is too afraid to put any type of pressure on him 

11 minutes ago, Geezy said:

You’re just a Carr nut hugger who is too afraid to put any type of pressure on him 

Haha who's the nut hugger?  Your opinion about our roster is so off base it's not funny and you want to somehow bring this around on Carr?  That's the best you have for being embarrassed by three articles rendering you homer opinion as worthless...

Why not put your blame where it belongs and that is on our front office and Gruden.   Two of our 5 1st round picks from 2019 and 2020, including a top 5 pick in CF are now backups.  Abram is clearly on a very short lease as we have drafted 3 safeties last season. 

Do you have any idea how catastrophic wasting 1st round picks can be on a roster and what missing on those picks does to the talent level of a roster?  We have had the draft capital to turn this franchise around and we have completely wasted it with zero elite talent to come out of any of those picks.....

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

17 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think anyone would be pretty hard pressed to be able to compare our roster this year to the Texans roster last year and find them identical

Last year it can be argued that Houston had more talent than we had.  They certainly had 2 superior WR's in Cooks and Fuller and two players on D that are far superior to anything we had. (Cunningham and Watt).  Watson had 4 wins. 

Care to explain why he didn't elevate his team to the playoffs? As you say that is what good QB's do. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Last year it can be argued that Houston had more talent than we had.  They certainly had 2 superior WR's in Cooks and Fuller and two players on D that are far superior to anything we had. (Cunningham and Watt).  Watson had 4 wins. 

Care to explain why he didn't elevate his team to the playoffs? As you say that is what good QB's do. 

I’m referring specifically to our roster this year in comparison to their roster last year. I thought that’s what the conversation was about.