Jump to content

Raiders sign LB K.J. Wright


Turnobili
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Haha who's the nut hugger?  Your opinion about our roster is so off base it's not funny and you want to somehow bring this around on Carr?  That's the best you have for being embarrassed by three articles rendering you homer opinion as worthless...

Why not put your blame where it belongs and that is on our front office and Gruden.   Two of our 5 1st round picks from 2019 and 2020, including a top 5 pick in CF are now backups.  Abram is clearly on a very short lease as we have drafted 3 safeties last season. 

Do you have any idea how catastrophic wasting 1st round picks can be on a roster and what missing on those picks does to the talent level of a roster?  We have had the draft capital to turn this franchise around and we have completely wasted it with zero elite talent to come out of any of those picks.....

You’ll say anything to excuse Carr, weak. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Last year it can be argued that Houston had more talent than we had.  They certainly had 2 superior WR's in Cooks and Fuller and two players on D that are far superior to anything we had. (Cunningham and Watt).  Watson had 4 wins. 

Care to explain why he didn't elevate his team to the playoffs? As you say that is what good QB's do. 

The Raiders and Texans over/under win total before last season was 7.5, we won 8 games and they won 4 games. Their team was a dumpster fire last year from the jump, BOB was on the hot seat for the trades he had made, Easterby was just hired as the GM and they had a super tough schedule to start the season. 5 of their first 7 games were against the Chiefs, Ravens, Steelers, Titans, and Packers. 

Looking at our schedule of our first 11 opponents the only game that you can say is against a great team is the Chiefs game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

You’ll say anything to excuse Carr, weak. 

Once again we have ESPN saying we have a 25% chance at a top 5 pick, PFF saying we have one of the worst rosters in the NFL, +8000 (27th) Vegas odds to win the SB and your opinion is we have a talented roster.  Hahahahaha

I couldn't make up this blatant homerism if I tried, yet you want to blame Carr if we don't make the playoffs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Once again we have ESPN saying we have a 25% chance at a top 5 pick, PFF saying we have one of the worst rosters in the NFL, +8000 (27th) Vegas odds to win the SB and your opinion is we have a talented roster.  Hahahahaha

I couldn't make up this blatant homerism if I tried, yet you want to blame Carr if we don't make the playoffs. 

I’m a big fan of Derek Carr. But if he needs an elite roster to just make the playoffs then he ain’t the guy. You act like I said win the SB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I’m a big fan of Derek Carr. But if he needs an elite roster to just make the playoffs then he ain’t the guy. You act like I said win the SB. 

I disagree, he needs an average roster to get to the playoffs, which we have never given him. 

We wen't 8 and 8 with one of the worst rosters in the league last season.  On the flip side Watson wen't 4 and 12 with a similar caliber roster that certainly had more talent at WR (Cooks and Fuller) and on D (Watt, Cunningham and Reid) than we had.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Once again we have ESPN saying we have a 25% chance at a top 5 pick, PFF saying we have one of the worst rosters in the NFL, +8000 (27th) Vegas odds to win the SB and your opinion is we have a talented roster.  Hahahahaha

I couldn't make up this blatant homerism if I tried, yet you want to blame Carr if we don't make the playoffs. 

According to Vegas last year the 49ers had better odds than the Buccaneers to win the Super Bowl and the Cowboys and Patriots had better odds than the Bills. 

We had a top 10 offense last season and our two leading WR's were Renfrow/Nelly, Booker was our backup RB, and Sam Young was at RT. That team was still able to win 8 games despite also having the worst defense in franchise history. 

When has the media ever liked our team or projected us to be good? In 2016 our over/under wins coming into the season was 8.5. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I disagree, he needs an average roster to get to the playoffs, which we have never given him. 

We wen't 8 and 8 with one of the worst rosters in the league last season.  On the flip side Watson wen't 4 and 12 with a similar caliber roster that certainly had more talent at WR (Cooks and Fuller) and on D (Watt, Cunningham and Reid) than we had.  

The Texans defense was just as bad as ours last season, their OL was terrible, and they went through a coaching/GM change in season, lol. They also played 5 of the best teams in the league in the first 7 weeks, context is important. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Texans defense was just as bad as ours last season, their OL was terrible, and they went through a coaching/GM change in season, lol. They also played 5 of the best teams in the league in the first 7 weeks, context is important. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2020-offensive-line-rankings

Their oline was better than ours last season...

Their D too...  Context is key LOL 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/opp.htm

Better Oline, superior WR's, superior players on every level of D compared to what we had (Watt, Cunningham and Reid) and Waston led them to 4 wins.  

 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2020-offensive-line-rankings

Their oline was better than ours last season...

Their D too...  Context is key LOL 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/opp.htm

Better Oline, superior WR's, superior players on every level of D compared to what we had (Watt, Cunningham and Reid) and Waston led them to 4 wins.  

Their offensive line allowed 50 sacks and they were 31st in the league in rushing yards, our make shift OL allowed 24 sacks and we were 16th in the league in rushing yards. Did you actually watch the games or are you just looking at the names and what the PFF experts said? 

Their defense allowed 416 yards and 29 ppg with 9 takeaways, our defense allowed 389 yards and 29.9 ppg with 15 takeaways. 

So they had a superior defense to us at every level, a better offensive line, and better WR's, yet they won 4 games with Watson and we won 8 games with Carr. Is Carr just that much better than Watson?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I disagree, he needs an average roster to get to the playoffs, which we have never given him. 

We wen't 8 and 8 with one of the worst rosters in the league last season.  On the flip side Watson wen't 4 and 12 with a similar caliber roster that certainly had more talent at WR (Cooks and Fuller) and on D (Watt, Cunningham and Reid) than we had.  

Our roster is average to slightly above average IMO. We have no glaring holes, and should be much improved on the DL. We also improved at LB with Wright and FS with Moehrig over Harris. 
 

OL is gonna be key, if Richie stays healthy he is an upgrade. Leatherwood and James are our biggest question marks upfront. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Their offensive line allowed 50 sacks and they were 31st in the league in rushing yards, our make shift OL allowed 24 sacks and we were 16th in the league in rushing yards. Did you actually watch the games or are you just looking at the names and what the PFF experts said? 

Their defense allowed 416 yards and 29 ppg with 9 takeaways, our defense allowed 389 yards and 29.9 ppg with 15 takeaways. 

So they had a superior defense to us at every level, a better offensive line, and better WR's, yet they won 4 games with Watson and we won 8 games with Carr. Is Carr just that much better than Watson?

I'm not saying Carr is better than Waston but you're one of the guys that have been pounding the table saying W/L's are solely on a QB and that is determinate as to what makes a QB good.  

Watson had 4 wins last season on a team that had a better Oline and a better D than what we had.  Care to explain why this is with facts and not subjective opinions?

Also what makes you think that PFF is incorrect with their Oline rankings and your right?  Where would you rank the Raiders Oline in comparison to Houston last season and why?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Also what makes you think that PFF is incorrect with their Oline rankings and your right?  Where would you rank the Raiders Oline in comparison to Houston last season and why?

Watson was sacked 50 times and they were 31st in rushing yards, Carr was sacked 22 times and we were 16th in rushing yards. If their OL was so much better than ours why did they allow double the sacks and why couldn't they run the ball?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm not saying Carr is better than Waston but you're one of the guys that have been pounding the table saying W/L's are solely on a QB and that is determinate as to what makes a QB good.  

If Watson's offensive line, weapons, and defense were far superior to ours like you keep saying yet they won 4 games and we won 8, that has to mean Carr is twice as good as Watson. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...