Rack's 2022 Mock Draft - Final Edition - Updated

rackcs

With college football starting up again and the NFL season just about a week away, I figured now was a good time to start mocking again! I wanted to do it also to recalibrate my rankings and try to refamiliarize myself with prospects after taking the summer off from any scouting. I got caught up in the moment and did 2 rounds. I got the draft order by predicting the season on playoffpredictors.com but I'm going to obviously be wrong about my projections for a bunch of teams so don't get too mad about where your team is placed. It's just a means to an end to get to the actual mock drafting. As always I love hearing feedback so leave comments!

2022 NFL Mock Draft - 1st Edition

Round 1

1. Houston Texans: Spencer Rattler, QB, Oklahoma
2. Detroit Lions: Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina
3. New York Jets: Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU
4. New York Giants: Evan Neal, OT, Alabama
5. Carolina Panthers: Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE, Oregon
6. Jacksonville Jaguars: Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame
7. Cincinnati Bengals: Kenyon Green, OG, Texas A&M
8. Atlanta Falcons: DeMarvin Leal, INT, Texas A&M
9. Philadelphia Eagles: Andrew Booth Jr., CB, Clemson
10. New Orleans Saints: Malik Willis, QB, Liberty
11. New York Giants (from Chicago): George Karlaftis, EDGE, Purdue
12. Las Vegas Raiders: Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State
13. New England Patriots: Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida
14. Denver Broncos: Jaxson Kirkland, OT, Washington
15. Minnesota Vikings: Drake Jackson, EDGE, USC
16. Philadelphia Eagles (from Indianapolis): Christian Harris, LB, Alabama
17. Arizona Cardinals: Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas
18. Pittsburgh Steelers: Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington
19. Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami): Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
20. Cleveland Browns: Jordan Davis, INT, Georgia
21. Dallas Cowboys: Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State
22. Washington Football Team: Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss
23. New York Jets (from Seattle): Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan
24. Buffalo Bills: Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa
25. Miami Dolphins (from San Francisco): Brandon Smith, LB, Penn State
26. Green Bay Packers: Nicholas Petit-Frere, OT, Ohio State
27. Los Angeles Chargers: Nik Bonitto, EDGE, Oklahoma
28. Kansas City Chiefs: Drake London, WR, USC
29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Isaiah Spiller, RB, Texas A&M
30. Tennessee Titans: Jalen Wydermyer, TE, Texas A&M
31. Baltimore Ravens: Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa
32. Detroit Lions (from LA Rams): Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati

Round 2

1. Houston Texans: George Pickens, WR, Georgia
2. Detroit Lions: Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson
3. New York Jets: Zion Nelson, OT, Miami
4. New York Giants: Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia
5. New York Jets (from Carolina): Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State
6. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jahleel Billingsley, TE, Alabama
7. Cincinnati Bengals: Perrion Winfrey, INT, Oklahoma
8. Atlanta Falcons: Myjai Sanders, EDGE, Cincinnati
9. Philadelphia Eagles: Zach Harrison, EDGE, Ohio State
10. New Orleans Saints: Mykael Wright, CB, Oregon
11. Chicago Bears: Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota
12. Las Vegas Raiders: Ikem Ekwonu, OG, NC State
13. New England Patriots: John Metchie III, WR, Alabama
14. Denver Broncos: Carson Strong, QB, Nevada
15. Minnesota Vikings: Josh Jobe, CB, Alabama
16. Indianapolis Colts: Jordan Battle, S, Alabama
17. Arizona Cardinals: Adam Anderson, EDGE, Georgia
18. Pittsburgh Steelers: Thayer Munford, OT, Ohio State
19. Miami Dolphins: Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State
20. Cleveland Browns: Kingsley Enagbare, EDGE, South Carolina
21. Dallas Cowboys: Brandon Joseph, S, Northwestern
22. Washington Football Team: Darian Kinnard, OG, Kentucky
23. Seattle Seahawks: Derion Kendrick, CB, Georgia
24. Buffalo Bills: Romeo Doubs, WR, Nevada
25. San Francisco 49ers: Martin Emerson, CB, Mississippi State
26. Green Bay Packers: Mike Jones Jr., LB, LSU
27. Los Angeles Chargers: Sean Rhyan, OG, UCLA
28. Kansas City Chiefs: Zion Tupuola-Fetui, EDGE, Washington
29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Ventrell Miller, LB, Florida
30. Atlanta Falcons (from Tennessee): Jalen Tolbert, WR, South Alabama
31. Baltimore Ravens: Travis Jones, INT, UConn
32. Los Angeles Rams: Zonovan Knight, NC State

Edited by rackcs
  • Like 1

Based on how this played out I'm leaning towards I would think Leal would be better then Hamilton. 

I would look at Billingsley as we need a receiving te. 

I don't think the jags go with 2 safeties based on how we drafted Cisco in the 3rd round last year. 

If we take Hamilton I'm still going Billingsley tho I'm tempted to take an OL especially with both of our starting guards as free agents and Taylor looking like a bust

6 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Based on how this played out I'm leaning towards I would think Leal would be better then Hamilton. 

I would look at Billingsley as we need a receiving te. 

I don't think the jags go with 2 safeties based on how we drafted Cisco in the 3rd round last year. 

If we take Hamilton I'm still going Billingsley tho I'm tempted to take an OL especially with both of our starting guards as free agents and Taylor looking like a bust

I always make dumb mistakes like that where I mock the same position twice. Tonight or tomorrow I'm gonna redo it, that was a mistake on my part. Probably gonna stick with Hamilton in the first so I only have to redo the 2nd round though.

Edited by rackcs

58 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I almost make dumb mistakes like that where I mock the same position twice. Tonight or tomorrow I'm gonna redo it, that was a mistake on my part. Probably gonna stick with Hamilton in the first so I only have to redo the 2nd round though.

As long as you don't mess Jets' picks.😁

I am just curious as to whether the bungles aren't scoring or can they not stop anyone.  I do believe they still need oline upgrades but at tackle not guard.  If they end up picking there cause they can't stop anyone they may have to think about a Carolina type draft and take all eight picks on the defensive side.  I would never admit to liking either team from ohio, but i do like Burrow.

With every team in the nfc east having question marks, WFT,  and old man Fitzy, Dak and his list of injuries, The Eagles, BAHAHAHa!, you must really believe the giants are bad.  If they are picking 4th and it is their pick not chicago's, I dont think they can take Defense there.

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

I almost make dumb mistakes like that where I mock the same position twice. Tonight or tomorrow I'm gonna redo it, that was a mistake on my part. Probably gonna stick with Hamilton in the first so I only have to redo the 2nd round though.

2nd round should be either an OL or TE i think.   

te cuz well look at our TE depth chart its enough said.

OL cuz well we have 2 starting Guards set to be free agents(im assuming Bartch might get a shot to replace one) and Taylor hasnt shown enough to be considered  a compotent RT.  this is also based on Walker Little taking over LT from Free agent to be Cam robinson.   Little looked awful in practice at RT(tho who can blame a guy who hasnt played in 2 years combined with being a LT his entire athletic career). 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rackcs said:

26. Green Bay Packers: Nicholas Petit-Frere, OT, Ohio State

Packers should have 4/5ths of their OL locked up beyond next year with David Bakhtiari (LT), Elgton Jenkins (LG/RT), Josh Myers (C), and Royce Newman (RG).  Elgton Jenkins is a FA after the 2022 season, so they can either pay him elite OG money ($14M+) or top RT money ($10M+).  If the Packers view Jenkins as a RT, they'll probably go elsewhere.

20 hours ago, rackcs said:

26. Green Bay Packers: Mike Jones Jr., LB, LSU

Like the idea of adding more depth to the LB, but I don't think Mike Jones is the fit.

I think safety is going to be relatively sorted out for the next few years with Jenkins and Cisco to be honest. Obviously we'll see if they work out but the staff loved Jenkins and thus far he's backed it up. 

Pass rush, OL, and WR (Chark is an impending FA, Marvin Jones is on a 2 year deal) are the three spots that jump out to me most as far as needs going into next year.

19 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I think safety is going to be relatively sorted out for the next few years with Jenkins and Cisco to be honest. Obviously we'll see if they work out but the staff loved Jenkins and thus far he's backed it up. 

Pass rush, OL, and WR (Chark is an impending FA, Marvin Jones is on a 2 year deal) are the three spots that jump out to me most as far as needs going into next year.

Good to know. I was a big Cisco fan in the draft but didn't really know anything about Jenkins. I'll keep that in mind for future mocks. I always read back through the comments before I start working on the next one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

1 can argue Hamilton as BPA.  

Imagine nickel d would have Hamilton or Jenkins as a LB 

I think the Bengals will go OL in the first, but it will be a RT, not a guard.  If not an OT, then almost assuredly they go CB.  It's been awhile since we went that way, and have preferred paying free agents instead (Awuzie, Waynes, Hilton, last year with M. Alexander).

Whichever they do in the first, they will probably go with the other in round 2.

• Like 1