Rack's 2022 Mock Draft - Final Edition - Updated

rackcs

16 hours ago, D82 said:

I really am not familiar with most of the prospects so far in the '22 class, so I won't comment on that. I do like the positions you targeted though. 

At this point in the process with so much that's still going to change as far as prospects and their rankings, I do put more emphasis on mainly positional fits and team needs. So good to hear that I got that right.

On 10/7/2021 at 12:24 PM, rackcs said:

I mean, no offense to the Jaguars but I doubt they'll be contending next season so taking a guy atop the second round as good as Wydermyer is probably fine even if he doesn't do great right out of the gate.

As for the OL, fair points and I'll definitely consider that next time. I have seen Kinnard in the 1st but idk about top 15. I could see him sneaking into the back end but I have him as a solid early 2nd right now.

I don't trust tight ends from Ohio state and Texas A&m and I'm trying not to scout the helmet.  If the jags are going for a te I'm expecting more of an athletic mismatch guy(kinda like Billingsley).  

Based on the jags roster I'm going for around .500 next year pending free agency and draft.   Jags probably spend some for a te(look at that free agent te class). 

First two rounds are spot on for positions.  Not sure how DE fits with Hubbard, Hendrickson, Ossai and sample all having threer more seasons under contract, plus two more for last year's pick Kareem.

Could they double dip at CB with Coby Bryant?  Or go with a slot?  Who knows

Edited by INbengalfan

On 10/7/2021 at 8:34 AM, rackcs said:

23. Green Bay Packers: Christian Harris, LB, Alabama

Packers haven't taken a non-rush LB since they took AJ Hawk 5th in 2005, so that seems unlikely.  EDGE or DL seem to be the most likely candidates here.

22. Green Bay Packers: John Metchie III, WR, Alabama

WR makes sense given Davante Adams and MVS' FA status.

21. Green Bay Packers: Avery Young, CB, Rutgers

Packers probably need a better nickel corner, so if they feel Young can do that.  Or push Jaire into the slot, it would make sense as well.

On 10/7/2021 at 11:24 AM, rackcs said:

I mean, no offense to the Jaguars but I doubt they'll be contending next season so taking a guy atop the second round as good as Wydermyer is probably fine even if he doesn't do great right out of the gate.

As for the OL, fair points and I'll definitely consider that next time. I have seen Kinnard in the 1st but idk about top 15. I could see him sneaking into the back end but I have him as a solid early 2nd right now.

Jawaan Taylor has taken steps this year, and I’d also be shocked if they let all 3 OL go. That unit has played above average and absolutely mauled in the run game so far. Only way I see an OL is if it’s an interior guy in the middle rounds or we pick and Neal is clearly BPA.

Overall I dig it though. We still very much lack speed outside offensively and playmakers pretty much across the board defensively. 

On 10/7/2021 at 9:34 AM, rackcs said:

Round 1
5. Atlanta Falcons: Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU

Round 2
4. Atlanta Falcons: Jermaine Johnson, EDGE, Florida State
6. Houston Texans: Myjai Sanders, EDGE, Cincinnati

20. Atlanta Falcons (from Tennessee): Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State
22. Green Bay Packers: John Metchie III, WR, Alabama

Round 3
3. Atlanta Falcons: Desmond Ridder, QB, Cincinnati

Love the first round pick. Stingley and Terrell would be a tough corner combo to compete against and the Falcons have a bunch of solid nickel options moving forward.

Like the second round picks, but think Sanders and Metchie fit the Falcons schemes and role needs better than Johnson and Dotson do. Johnson is more of a true 4-3 WDE where Sanders fits the 3-4 WOLB role he'd play here. Dotson is more a speed demon where the Falcons need more of a Roddy White possession type in Metchie. That being said, the positions are fine, I just like the fits of Metchie and Sanders over Johnson and Dotson.

Ridder is a solid pick. I don't love this QB class, but he could be a great long-term backup for the team.

Edited by scar988

I can’t really see the Lions taking a QB with their 2nd 1st round pick. If they’re sold on taking a QB early this year I think they take someone like Corral at 2 and then someone like Dean or Anderson with their later 1st. If they aren’t set on taking one early, I could see them going defense with both picks in the 1st and then taking one in the 3rd. 

14 hours ago, winitall said:

I can’t really see the Lions taking a QB with their 2nd 1st round pick. If they’re sold on taking a QB early this year I think they take someone like Corral at 2 and then someone like Dean or Anderson with their later 1st. If they aren’t set on taking one early, I could see them going defense with both picks in the 1st and then taking one in the 3rd. 

That was kind of the original plan was to take a round 3 QB but with Rattler lasting that long, I thought that would be a shot they might want to take with an extra first. Of course, Rattler continues to tank his stock and I think will probably stay in school for another year. I think ultimately whether he comes out this year or next though, some coach is going to fall in love with his tools and potential and take him earlier than he should. Even if that ends up being like the 2nd round or something.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I like Olave, but we need bigger WRs.

Also, isn’t Zion coming off an Achilles tear? Yuck.

Fair enough on the size thing with WR, I didn't know that and will keep it in mind for next time.

As for Zion, the guy is an easy first round talent who would only be falling because of the injury. And it happened in I think April? And he is already back and played a little bit last week for Washington. He'll be completely fine by the start of the next NFL season. He would be a great get in the 2nd round.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...