Hightower out for Week 8 - UPDATE: DONE FOR SEASON

Deadpulse

Might be one of the worst front 7s in the league now. Might join the Colts as the only one without at least one really good player or multiple really solid ones. 

Not sure the team makes a big move for anyone, unfetounately. The silver lining here is that Hightower played a bit on the edge and Van Noy seems to be more comfortable than he was earlier in the season.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Players like a Will Compton, Kyle Wilbur, Kevin-Pierre Louis? Not necessarily those specific players, but that kind of level? 2nd in depth chart, 5 years in?

I wouldn't call those guys mid tier. Compton might have started last year, but wasn't very good; Wilber and KPL are special teamer level players. Ugh, now that I think about it, nobody really comes to mind who would fit the bill and looking through the 2018 free agent list, the situation is dim. 

2 hours ago, LD696 said:

I wouldn't call those guys mid tier. Compton might have started last year, but wasn't very good; Wilber and KPL are special teamer level players. Ugh, now that I think about it, nobody really comes to mind who would fit the bill and looking through the 2018 free agent list, the situation is dim. 

There's a decent amount of solid players, just not sure if the Pats would be interested/if they'd fit here. 

Nigel Bradham, Kevin Minter, Zach Brown, and Mason Foster aren't bad. 

I think we'll see a lot more Harris. That was the move after High went down vs Atlanta. He has the intelligence to be the traffic cop kind of guy, if a lot less talented and brutal than Hightower.  He knows where to be and can lead at least. The biggest burden falls onto KVN, who's been shaping to be a leader in this defense already. Now, he has to really make that leap, and he already completes 90-100% snaps. BB says he likes him because he asks what Bruschi and Vrabel were like in the locker-room, does everything and anything you tell him - well, now, step up. Be our 2017's version of Bruschi. 

As per Tom Curran of NBC Sports Boston; "Ziggy Ansah is a trade target. Number 5 overall pick a few years ago, but trending down in DET now. Detroit press noted his struggles this year, Caldwell luke-warm in defense of him. He's exactly what we could use if he can figure it out. Send back an exchange of picks like KVN, swapping 6 round picks. Essentially a rental of a player who hasn't played well recently but has the pedigree". Mentioned sending Butler as well as a 6th for him. Which I don't like.

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

As per Tom Curran of NBC Sports Boston; "Ziggy Ansah is a trade target. Number 5 overall pick a few years ago, but trending down in DET now. Detroit press noted his struggles this year, Caldwell luke-warm in defense of him. He's exactly what we could use if he can figure it out. Send back an exchange of picks like KVN, swapping 6 round picks. Essentially a rental of a player who hasn't played well recently but has the pedigree". Mentioned sending Butler as well as a 6th for him. Which I don't like.

Not sure Tom has it right. Ansah is currently ailing from a knee and has been hampered by injury all year. Not sure NE wants to bring that aboard if he isnt healthy. It makes sense for DET if they can bounce a guy they arent going to bring back as a FA anyways who is limping along this season. 

Archived