Offended by our offensive line.

Go_Giants

On 9/18/2021 at 5:25 PM, y*so*blu said:

Following up on this, I have to admit the offensive line hasn't looked nearly as bad as I feared. Their run blocking isn't very good yet, but they've actually done all right against some stiff pass rushers in the Broncos and No Names...even after Gates went down. The exception is Andrew Thomas who got undressed last week. But the others were buying Daniel Jones plenty of time out there. Billy Price had some timing issues on the snap but he blocked well and caused no fumbles. 

Which game are you referring to? Andrew Thomas has been very solid in both games so far. Run blocking across the board is pretty bad but they've been a bit better than expected in pass protection, especially Thomas. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GMENNATION said:

Which game are you referring to? Andrew Thomas has been very solid in both games so far. Run blocking across the board is pretty bad but they've been a bit better than expected in pass protection, especially Thomas. 

It looked to me like Thomas gave up quite a few pressures in the Washington game. Not as bad as he was in preseason, but still not good.

17 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

It looked to me like Thomas gave up quite a few pressures in the Washington game. Not as bad as he was in preseason, but still not good.

https://twitter.com/AlexWilsonESM/status/1440307550767882240?s=20

This is just one example so take it with a grain of salt but there seems to be a lot more positive feedback on Thomas so far. 

Edited by GMENNATION
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thomas and the others stepped up today. Our makeshift offensive line stood up to the Saints' pass rush, especially in the second half. There's something to build on.

The number of sacks allowed on 40 pass attempts vs the Saints? Zero.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 2