2021 Fantasy football Start/Sit thread

Sad People

With the season starting in just under a week I thought I would start a who to start and sit thread, Post and questions of who you should start and sit in here it also it help If you post the format of the league PPR, .5 PPR along with your other starters on your squad and the team the players are facing.

Good luck this year and lets have some fun!

Edited by mattyice0401

I will start it off Who would you start in the FLEX spot PPR league

Viska @ HOU or Tevin Coleman @ CAR or Michael Pittman VS SEA

Squad is as follows

QB Lamar

RB Dalvin Cook

RB Mike Davis

WR Nuk Hopkins

WR Keenan Allen

WR Mike Evans

TE Kmet

FLEX ?

Right now Im leaning Viska

6 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Squad is as follows

QB Lamar

RB Dalvin Cook

RB Mike Davis

WR Nuk Hopkins

WR Keenan Allen

WR Mike Evans

TE Kmet

FLEX ?

I'd go Viska as well. He's your best balance of ceiling and floor.  We don't know exactly how Urban is going to use him, but we do know that Urban is fond of his damn gimmick plays (I'm not saying he's Chip Kelly, but by NFL standards he more is than isn't) and with Etienne now out for the season, Viska is the likely benefactor of the RPO plays and the like that would have otherwise been Etienne.  I feel better, gut-wise, about the amount of opportunities Viska is going to get than about Pittman against the Hawks; I think Pittman ultimately may have the better season, but Week 1 I feel like Laviska is the safer option.

• Like 1

Full PPR league. Any advice who to start in my WR2 and flex spot? I'm stuck deciding between Lockett/Brown/Davis/Carson for those two spots.

QB - Aaron Rodgers

RB - Austin Ekeler

RB - Clyde Edwards-Helaire

WR - Davante Adams

WR - Tyler Lockett

TE - Tyler Higbee

FLEX - Chris Carson

DST - Rams

K - Tyler Bass

Bench

Ryan Tannehill

Gus Edwards

Trey Sermon

James White

Tyler Boyd

Corey Davis

Antonio Brown

Russell Gage

11 hours ago, LieutenantGains said:

Full PPR league. Any advice who to start in my WR2 and flex spot? I'm stuck deciding between Lockett/Brown/Davis/Carson for those two spots.

QB - Aaron Rodgers

RB - Austin Ekeler

WR - Davante Adams

WR - Tyler Lockett

TE - Tyler Higbee

FLEX - Chris Carson

DST - Rams

K - Tyler Bass

Bench

Ryan Tannehill

Gus Edwards

Trey Sermon

James White

Tyler Boyd

Corey Davis

Antonio Brown

Russell Gage

I’m not a Chris Carson fan so I’m biased towards him and would roll with Gus Bus with that nice MNF matchup or AB. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 12:12 AM, LieutenantGains said:

QB - Aaron Rodgers

RB - Austin Ekeler

WR - Davante Adams

WR - Tyler Lockett

TE - Tyler Higbee

FLEX - Chris Carson

DST - Rams

K - Tyler Bass

Bench

Ryan Tannehill

Gus Edwards

Trey Sermon

James White

Tyler Boyd

Corey Davis

Antonio Brown

Russell Gage

Tyler Lockett is criminally underrated. I'll just say that.

On 9/3/2021 at 5:14 AM, mattyice0401 said:

Squad is as follows

QB Lamar

RB Dalvin Cook

RB Mike Davis

WR Nuk Hopkins

WR Keenan Allen

WR Mike Evans

TE Kmet

FLEX ?

It's super close but I might give the edge to Pittman. You pretty much know he's the #1 receiver in that offense playing against one of the worst CB groups in the NFL, whereas we don't know how the Jags target totem pole is going to stack and if Houston is as bad as we think they are, it might be a heavy day of JRob & Hyde.  

It's super close though. Would't blame you at all for going Viska. 

Alright I went HeroRB strategy for the first time ever this year and.....well I don't love the results as of right now. Zeke is my RB1 and then I have AJ Dillon, Rhamondre Stevenson, Tony Jones Jr., and Tony Pollard. Guys like Tevin Coleman & Ty Johnson also available on waivers. 

So, no matter what I'm going with a desperation play at RB2, so am I better off with...

AJ Dillon vSaints
Rhamondre Stevenson vDolphins
Tony Jones Jr. vPackers
Or drop one of those guys for one of those Jets vPanthers

As of right now, it's between Dillon & Jones Jr. for me. Dillon is the safer option while Jones Jr. gives me more boom potential. 

Thoughts? 

51 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Also who should I start at RB? Damien Harris vs Miami or D'Andre Swift vs San Francisco?

Slam dunk in standard or half for Harris, but it's closer in PPR. I'm still prolly going with the floor of Harris to start the season just to see how Swift looks.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

PPR Flex

Chase Edmonds vs Tennessee 

Tyler Boyd vs Minnesota 

Same logic for me when taking Edmonds here. I think earlier in the season, the floor plays make a little more sense until you can make more educated gambles.

5 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Alright I went HeroRB strategy for the first time ever this year and.....well I don't love the results as of right now. Zeke is my RB1 and then I have AJ Dillon, Rhamondre Stevenson, Tony Jones Jr., and Tony Pollard. Guys like Tevin Coleman & Ty Johnson also available on waivers. 

So, no matter what I'm going with a desperation play at RB2, so am I better off with...

AJ Dillon vSaints
Rhamondre Stevenson vDolphins
Tony Jones Jr. vPackers
Or drop one of those guys for one of those Jets vPanthers

As of right now, it's between Dillon & Jones Jr. for me. Dillon is the safer option while Jones Jr. gives me more boom potential. 

Thoughts? 

I like Coleman to start the season as he should get some reps (I'm assuming more than any of your guys, barring injury to the starter) and they will probably want to run with a rookie QB. He may not be a game breaker, but seems perfect in a situation like yours where you need a band aid until someone develops mid season.