2021 Fantasy football Start/Sit thread

Sad People

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

Hurts is a weekly start for me and wouldnt even roster a 2nd QB but thats just me

I feel that, I'll probably drop Jones this week but just wanted an insurance policy after seeing his 30 point performance. Atlanta's defense has gotten torched the first two weeks so I've been going back and forth.

• Like 1

Standard league start 1…

Amari Cooper vs Philly
Rondale Moore vs Jaguars 
Henry Ruggs vs Miami

Obviously if Cooper was 100% it would be a no brainer. But the rip injury kinda worries me. I have No doubt he’ll play on Monday night but how healthy will he actually be? 

2nd question….PPR league, start 1

Kareem Hunt vs Bears 
Myles Gaskin @ Raiders
Tony Pollard vs Philly
Corey Patterson @ Giants 

Actually thinking about going Pollard here, even though he’s projected to get the least amount of points between the 4 (which I find Kinda odd) the game should be high scoring. 

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Standard league start 1…

Amari Cooper vs Philly
Rondale Moore vs Jaguars 
Henry Ruggs vs Miami

Obviously if Cooper was 100% it would be a no brainer. But the rip injury kinda worries me. I have No doubt he’ll play on Monday night but how healthy will he actually be? 

I think you have to see what Hopkins' status is for this week. I don't think that he practiced at all this week, which isnt atypical, but he does appear to have a legit injury. If he ends up being out, you could probably justify Moore, but I'm likely going to stick with Cooper.

Kareem Hunt vs Bears 
Myles Gaskin @ Raiders
Tony Pollard vs Philly
Corey Patterson @ Giants 

Actually thinking about going Pollard here, even though he’s projected to get the least amount of points between the 4 (which I find Kinda odd) the game should be high scoring

I'm kind of nervous about Gaskin just because he's messed up some pass pro situations and I think thats a very quick way ot end up on the bench mid game. No offensive line in Miami currently makes that even more important. 

I think Pollard or Hunt is probably the play. I think you can justify either. 

22 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Diontae Johnson looks like he's going to miss this week so I need to decide on some combination of 2 players for my 2 flex spots, full PPR. Thoughts?

Javonte Williams vs Jets

Chase Edmonds vs Jaguars

Damien Harris vs Saints

Tyler Boyd vs Steelers

Bryan Edwards vs Dolphins 

Williams / Edmonds / Boyd, I think. 

I think Harris is kind of in line for just a bad game. In a different matchup, he's probably one of the guys I'd roll with, but he's not the pass catching back and I think the offense will be bottled up a bit. 

Edwards is a pass. 

Williams could get some run in a game where the Broncos score. Same goes for the Jags; I'd expect Arizona to easily put up 30+ points, so I just want a piece of that. These are probably the two I will stick with, mainly because I expect both offenses to play very well and put up points. 

Boyd is a gut call, but in full ppr I like it. Higgins is doubtful. The steelers are beat to hell and now Watt may not play? If Watt is out, I'm kind of in to the idea of Tyler Boyd in a ppr league. 

• Like 1

Standard league start 1…

Amari Cooper vs Philly
Rondale Moore vs Jaguars 
Henry Ruggs vs Miami

Kareem Hunt vs Bears 
Myles Gaskin @ Raiders
Tony Pollard vs Philly
Corey Patterson @ Giants 

Actually thinking about going Pollard here, even though he’s projected to get the least amount of points between the 4 (which I find Kinda odd) the game should be high scoring. 

Ruggs is hit or miss, he could have a huge day or do nothing especially against the Dolphins CB duo. Rondale Moore should get more looks with Hopkins potentially out. 

I'd probably go with Pollard as my first choice then Patterson. The Eagles have done a pretty good job of taking RBs out of the passing game though while the Giants just allowed JD McKissic to haul in 5 catches for 83 yards last week.

Standard league start 1…

Amari Cooper vs Philly
Rondale Moore vs Jaguars 
Henry Ruggs vs Miami

Kareem Hunt vs Bears 
Myles Gaskin @ Raiders
Tony Pollard vs Philly
Corey Patterson @ Giants 

AC if hew goes if not Moore

I wouldnt start Ruggs or Edwards vs X and Byron Jones

Edited by mattyice0401

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Williams / Edmonds / Boyd, I think. 

I think Harris is kind of in line for just a bad game. In a different matchup, he's probably one of the guys I'd roll with, but he's not the pass catching back and I think the offense will be bottled up a bit. 

Edwards is a pass. 

Williams could get some run in a game where the Broncos score. Same goes for the Jags; I'd expect Arizona to easily put up 30+ points, so I just want a piece of that. These are probably the two I will stick with, mainly because I expect both offenses to play very well and put up points. 

Boyd is a gut call, but in full ppr I like it. Higgins is doubtful. The steelers are beat to hell and now Watt may not play? If Watt is out, I'm kind of in to the idea of Tyler Boyd in a ppr league. 

So Javonte and Edmonds?

Just now, NYRaider said:

So Javonte and Edmonds?

That's probably where I lean. I don't think the Boyd idea is bad if Watt is out with HIggins doubtful. Bengals have a high pace of play, throw a lot...so there should be a lot of targets and Boyd is actually competent. 

But Williams and Edmonds will be on teams that should put up a lot of points. All of your guys have legitimate volume concerns, so give me the guys on the teams who are going to be the most productive this week, which is those two. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's probably where I lean. I don't think the Boyd idea is bad if Watt is out with HIggins doubtful. Bengals have a high pace of play, throw a lot...so there should be a lot of targets and Boyd is actually competent. 

But Williams and Edmonds will be on teams that should put up a lot of points. All of your guys have legitimate volume concerns, so give me the guys on the teams who are going to be the most productive this week, which is those two. 

Thanks for the advice sir. Javonte has flashed hopefully he can finally scored this week.

• Like 1

with higgins and jacobs out I need two guys .5ppr:

Shenault vs ARI - should be high scoring game and Shenault is starting to mesh well with TL

Sanders vs WFT - Good matchup but Allen scares me to a degree 

Claypool vs CIN - Hard to trust any PIT WR with Ben being hurt/washed

Mooney @ CLE - boom/bust but CLEs secondary has been hurt deep this year, and JF loves to go deep

Aiyuk vs GB - boom/bust but I am hoping he gets lined up against kevin King. 49ers offense should put up some points this week. Packers pass rush is not good and so Aiyuk should have success down the field. 

I also have edwards, who I am sitting against MIAs corners this weekend, but I am trying to figure out which of these WRs to drop for Michael Carter... 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Shenault vs ARI - should be high scoring game and Shenault is starting to mesh well with TL

Mooney @ CLE - boom/bust but CLEs secondary has been hurt deep this year, and JF loves to go deep

Aiyuk vs GB - boom/bust but I am hoping he gets lined up against kevin King. 49ers offense should put up some points this week. Packers pass rush is not good and so Aiyuk should have success down the field. 

I also have edwards, who I am sitting against MIAs corners this weekend, but I am trying to figure out which of these WRs to drop for Michael Carter... 

Probably Mooney for one. Want to say aiyuk just because talent has to play eventually, but Kyle clearly is trying to get me to drink

6 hours ago, N4L said:

Diontae Johnson isn't playing this week so that should open up some more targets for Claypool. 

6 hours ago, Buffalo Viking said:

I feel like I have too many options at RB this week which is rare for me.

Choose 3 to start in ppr

Barkley, swift, sanders, javonte Williams, sermon, and mattison

Swift, Barkley, and Sanders if he's healthy if not I'd probably go with Mattison if Cook's out or Willams if Cook plays.