WR Nuk Hopkins

WR Keenan Allen

WR Mike Evans

TE Kmet

FLEX ?

Right now Im leaning Viska

Id go with Viska

On 9/4/2021 at 1:12 AM, LieutenantGains said:

Full PPR league. Any advice who to start in my WR2 and flex spot? I'm stuck deciding between Lockett/Brown/Davis/Carson for those two spots.

QB - Aaron Rodgers

RB - Austin Ekeler

RB - Clyde Edwards-Helaire

WR - Davante Adams

WR - Tyler Lockett

TE - Tyler Higbee

FLEX - Chris Carson

DST - Rams

K - Tyler Bass

Bench

Ryan Tannehill

Gus Edwards

Trey Sermon

James White

Tyler Boyd

Corey Davis

Antonio Brown

Russell Gage

Id double tap the Seahawks duo

15 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Alright I went HeroRB strategy for the first time ever this year and.....well I don't love the results as of right now. Zeke is my RB1 and then I have AJ Dillon, Rhamondre Stevenson, Tony Jones Jr., and Tony Pollard. Guys like Tevin Coleman & Ty Johnson also available on waivers. 

So, no matter what I'm going with a desperation play at RB2, so am I better off with...

AJ Dillon vSaints
Rhamondre Stevenson vDolphins
Tony Jones Jr. vPackers
Or drop one of those guys for one of those Jets vPanthers

As of right now, it's between Dillon & Jones Jr. for me. Dillon is the safer option while Jones Jr. gives me more boom potential. 

Thoughts? 

I like Dillon the most. Id like to see what Stevensons role is first, same kind of goes for Jones Jr. 

13 hours ago, Soggust said:

I like Coleman to start the season as he should get some reps (I'm assuming more than any of your guys, barring injury to the starter) and they will probably want to run with a rookie QB. He may not be a game breaker, but seems perfect in a situation like yours where you need a band aid until someone develops mid season. 

I agree with your assessment. If I were to pick up Tevin, I'd have to drop one of Stevenson, TJJ, or Elijah Moore. Which, frankly, I don't really want to do. I love the upside of all 3 of those guys.

So perhaps the better question is, is the difference between Tevin Coleman & AJ Dillon great enough in Week 1 that it's worth dropping a high-ceiling lottery ticket? 

48 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I agree with your assessment. If I were to pick up Tevin, I'd have to drop one of Stevenson, TJJ, or Elijah Moore. Which, frankly, I don't really want to do. I love the upside of all 3 of those guys.

So perhaps the better question is, is the difference between Tevin Coleman & AJ Dillon great enough in Week 1 that it's worth dropping a high-ceiling lottery ticket? 

Tevin Coleman isn't winning anyone's league. I think that even if he puts up a really good season...he may just be a flex guy. Dillon and TJJ have the potential to be RB1-2 if the guy in front of them get hurt because of their ability/offensive framework. They also have stand alone value, which is great...and honestly I'm not sure either are any worse than Coleman in their backup roles than Coleman is as a starter. I have more difficulties with Stevenson. Love the talent, but the Patriots RB situation is just not trustworthy. Even if Harris goes down, I'm not convinced that they'll not just re-distribute the roles...BB places a huge emphasis on pass pro...and we just don't know where Stevenson is at in that regard. Love Elijah Moore...but it's really difficult to expect consistent returns from a rookie WR on what should be a pretty bad and inconsistent team. If this is dynasty, Moore definitely shoots up the charts though and is definitely worth the long term investment. Just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Tevin Coleman isn't winning anyone's league. I think that even if he puts up a really good season...he may just be a flex guy. Dillon and TJJ have the potential to be RB1-2 if the guy in front of them get hurt because of their ability/offensive framework. They also have stand alone value, which is great...and honestly I'm not sure either are any worse than Coleman in their backup roles than Coleman is as a starter. I have more difficulties with Stevenson. Love the talent, but the Patriots RB situation is just not trustworthy. Even if Harris goes down, I'm not convinced that they'll not just re-distribute the roles...BB places a huge emphasis on pass pro...and we just don't know where Stevenson is at in that regard. Love Elijah Moore...but it's really difficult to expect consistent returns from a rookie WR on what should be a pretty bad and inconsistent team. If this is dynasty, Moore definitely shoots up the charts though and is definitely worth the long term investment. Just my opinion.

I don't think the idea of Coleman is long term. Coleman seems like the kind of play that comes out hot out of the box for the first game or two then fizzles out. 

This would make sense because the Jets need to run and their schedule is favorable. (first four games all teams in the top half of fantasy points allowed per game to RB)

The question is, is that likely enough and does that make enough of a difference in week one or two that it's worth gambling dropping someone to the ww? 

I think it depends on how you view the prospects, the rest of your team, the week one matchup, and how likely others are to poach Stevenson, for example.

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Non PPR

Darrell Henderson vs Chicago or Mike Davis vs Philly

Packers DST @ Saints(in Jacksonville) or Panthers vs Jets.

(FWIW, yards only matter if less than 300 are given up, cant go negative points on yardage)

I'll take Mike D relatively confidently and Panthers D less confidently.

Appreciate the feedback @sammymvpknight @Soggust

The drop would likely be between Stevenson and Moore. It's tough to drop Stevenson because I buy the talent and just need lottery ticket RBs on my bench considering my situation. It's tough to drop Moore because I REALLY buy the talent and think he could boom if Zach Wilson is as good as advertised. That said, I have McLaurin, ARob, Claypool, Jeudy, and DeVonta Smith (can start 4) ahead of him and it's far more likely that I can find an impact WR on waivers than RB. 

If I had to make the call right now, I think I'd drop Stevenson for Coleman at the last minute, consider starting Coleman at RB2 this week over Dillon, and just hope Damien Harris doesn't get hurt. I don't see Stevenson having any value unless Harris is hurt, which means I don't see him being a hot waiver commodity after this weekends games. Positional prioritization is important, but at the end of the day, fantasy is about stacking the most productive players, and I think Moore will be a productive player very soon. 

5 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Appreciate the feedback @sammymvpknight @Soggust

The drop would likely be between Stevenson and Moore. It's tough to drop Stevenson because I buy the talent and just need lottery ticket RBs on my bench considering my situation. It's tough to drop Moore because I REALLY buy the talent and think he could boom if Zach Wilson is as good as advertised. That said, I have McLaurin, ARob, Claypool, Jeudy, and DeVonta Smith (can start 4) ahead of him and it's far more likely that I can find an impact WR on waivers than RB. 

If I had to make the call right now, I think I'd drop Stevenson for Coleman at the last minute, consider starting Coleman at RB2 this week over Dillon, and just hope Damien Harris doesn't get hurt. I don't see Stevenson having any value unless Harris is hurt, which means I don't see him being a hot waiver commodity after this weekends games. Positional prioritization is important, but at the end of the day, fantasy is about stacking the most productive players, and I think Moore will be a productive player very soon. 

If this is the same team as the one in the first page...then there is no way that I'm picking up Coleman for any of your current pieces. Honestly, I'm not sure that Coleman as the #1 is better than TJJ as the #2. The difference between the two teams is miles apart and I think that TJJ may just be better. I like AJ Dillon's talent, but I'm going with TJJ because I see him getting more opportunities. I'm stashing Stevenson and hoping for the best. The upside is too high to release for a low upside guy like Coleman. I'm not sure that Coleman is going to get a ton of work...I seem him more of 1A in a frustrating committee that has low upside. Same applies to your WR core...not dropping someone like Moore for like Coleman. If you have to lose a week to get your RB corp figured out that's fine. I'm just not convinced that investing in Coleman is worth jeopardizing your future in a long season. I'm assuming that this is re-drafter...if it's a keeper/dynasty, then I wouldn't even consider it. 

Edited by sammymvpknight