2021 Fantasy football Start/Sit thread

Sad People

52 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Do I risk losing a RB tonight?

CMC is a game day decision and I currently have him in my starting line up. 
Problem is Leonard Fournette plays TONIGHT 
My RB roster - CMC, L. Fournette, Myles Gaskin and Micheal Carter (Bye)

Right now I have Fournette and CMC. Worse case in this scenario I swap Gaskin Sunday before game day.

I want to play Gaskin and CMC. but that's a HUGE risk.

Feel like I don't have a choice lol

Waiver wire looks trash too - B.Bolden, K.Herbet, L.Murray. Sony Michel.

Gaskin should be fine if you need him as a CMC fill, though he is playing in the London game so you'll either need to make that switch the night before or get up earlier than expected to make the switch - so it's not like you may get the absolute confirmation that CMC is a go or not when making the decision.  That said, Miami's receivers are banged up, but it sounds like Tua should play.

But I see your conundrum.  Team construction for you and your opponent may dictate this.  If your non-RB's look like they can make needing ceiling from your RB's - i.e. you need more floor that ceiling this week because of the matchup you're facing - it may be best to start Lenny tonight and reserve judgment on CMC till Sunday morning.

3 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Gaskin should be fine if you need him as a CMC fill, though he is playing in the London game so you'll either need to make that switch the night before or get up earlier than expected to make the switch - so it's not like you may get the absolute confirmation that CMC is a go or not when making the decision.  That said, Miami's receivers are banged up, but it sounds like Tua should play.

But I see your conundrum.  Team construction for you and your opponent may dictate this.  If your non-RB's look like they can make needing ceiling from your RB's - i.e. you need more floor that ceiling this week because of the matchup you're facing - it may be best to start Lenny tonight and reserve judgment on CMC till Sunday morning.

Bro I didn't even think of that time difference.... wow. thank you. 

My WRs are on Fire right now

M.Williams, Hollywood Brown and  J. Jefferson .

Edited by GHARMON9

1 minute ago, GHARMON9 said:

Bro I didn't even think of that time difference.... wow. thank you. 

My WRs are on Fire right now

M.Williams, Hollywood Brown and  J. Jefferson .

Yeah, I actually expect CMC to play but not for any great thread of logic (it's largely because in one of my leagues, my opponent has CMC - and Kamara on bye - and I just assume the worst/least-beneficial is going to happen to my teams; I've held onto Chuba specifically because I'm up against a Q CMC this weekend and I don't want my opponent able to pick him up).  But, depending on your opponent, you look like your WR's should be able to carry to bulk of the weight for you this week, so making the floor play by starting Fournette tonight and playing whichever you feel most comfortable with come early Sunday morning of Gaskin and CMC, is probably your best bet.  Especially if you need a win.

9 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Yeah, I actually expect CMC to play but not for any great thread of logic (it's largely because in one of my leagues, my opponent has CMC - and Kamara on bye - and I just assume the worst/least-beneficial is going to happen to my teams; I've held onto Chuba specifically because I'm up against a Q CMC this weekend and I don't want my opponent able to pick him up).  But, depending on your opponent, you look like your WR's should be able to carry to bulk of the weight for you this week, so making the floor play by starting Fournette tonight and playing whichever you feel most comfortable with come early Sunday morning of Gaskin and CMC, is probably your best bet.  Especially if you need a win.

I'm 4-1 BUT.. next week Josh Allen & all my WRs are on bye. (CD Lamb, Mike Williams & JJ)... idk how I pulled that off. I usually go with CD Lamb over Hollywood. But the last three weeks Hollywood has clearly shown he's a capable  #1 in Baltimore and the Cowboys have went heavy with TE involvement and the RBs are eating again. So I'm trying hard to go 5-2.

Edited by GHARMON9

4 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

I'm 4-1 BUT.. next week all my WRs are on bye. (CD Lamb, Mike Williams & JJ... idk how I pulled that off.) I usually go with CD Lamb over Hollywood. But the last three weeks Hollywood has clearly shown he's a capable  #1 in Baltimore and the Cowboys have went heavy with TE involvement and the RBs are eating again. So I'm trying hard to go 5-2.

Yeah, I mean.  I know in that position, I'd go hard for the win and punt next week (and basically use that punt week to try and line yourself up to already have any byes that happen to you past that week modestly accounted for on my roster).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Allen Robinson or Khalil Herbert.

I'm sad that this is actually a legit question. 

Khalil Herbert for the floor but Id actually go Robinson Vs my Packers DBs.  I know Jaire is out but I think even Kevin King is out again. 

15 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Allen Robinson or Khalil Herbert.

Justin Fields is averaging like 140 passing yards per game. Herbert had 18 touches last week and Williams is dealing with an injury. The Bears throw the ball less than any team in the NFL and Herbert will be the feature back this week.

Full PPR:

Miles Sanders vs Tampa 

Chase Edmonds vs Cleveland

Miles Gaskins absolutely cooked Tampa in the passing game and I also have Jalen Hurts so it could be a nice point stack. But Sanders could also get like 3 touches. Ekler cooked Cleveland last week but Edmonds is dealing with a shoulder injury. Idk what to do....

16 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

I'm sad that this is actually a legit question. 

Khalil Herbert for the floor but Id actually go Robinson Vs my Packers DBs.  I know Jaire is out but I think even Kevin King is out again. 

Yeah I’ve said if bench ARob 2 weeks in a row and not done it.

I want to say Herbert but I have a weird feeling he’ll get like 5 carries.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Justin Fields is averaging like 140 passing yards per game. Herbert had 18 touches last week and Williams is dealing with an injury. The Bears throw the ball less than any team in the NFL and Herbert will be the feature back this week.

Is that certain that Herbert will be the feature? That’s my only pause is that he’ll get like 4-5 carries.

20 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Is that certain that Herbert will be the feature? That’s my only pause is that he’ll get like 4-5 carries.

He played 53% of the snaps and had 18 carries while Williams played 47% of the snaps and had 16 carries. Williams popped up on the injury report this week with a foot and knee injury. Either player is probably TD dependent. But it's hard to trust Fields throwing a TD when he has 1 in 4 games and has averaged 112 passing yards.

ETA: Packers secondary has allowed 12 passing TD's (28th) this season but the number is skewed because 5 of them came week 1 in that outlier Jameis Winston god mode game. They've only allowed 5 in the 4 games since then and have allowed the 10th fewest passing yards of any team in the league this year.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1