2021 Fantasy football Start/Sit thread

Sad People

5 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Appreciate the feedback @sammymvpknight @Soggust

The drop would likely be between Stevenson and Moore. It's tough to drop Stevenson because I buy the talent and just need lottery ticket RBs on my bench considering my situation. It's tough to drop Moore because I REALLY buy the talent and think he could boom if Zach Wilson is as good as advertised. That said, I have McLaurin, ARob, Claypool, Jeudy, and DeVonta Smith (can start 4) ahead of him and it's far more likely that I can find an impact WR on waivers than RB. 

If I had to make the call right now, I think I'd drop Stevenson for Coleman at the last minute, consider starting Coleman at RB2 this week over Dillon, and just hope Damien Harris doesn't get hurt. I don't see Stevenson having any value unless Harris is hurt, which means I don't see him being a hot waiver commodity after this weekends games. Positional prioritization is important, but at the end of the day, fantasy is about stacking the most productive players, and I think Moore will be a productive player very soon. 

We're still kind of in wait and see if he practices by fFriday type of thing, but last I was hearing the arrow is pointing down as to whether Jamison Crowder plays this weekend.  If he's a no-go, Moore is getting a primo amount of the touches that would go to him.  That said, I'm hyper-hesitant about starting any rookie QB on the road in his first game, even if it's against a shady defense - statistics have borne out too many times to not favor that situation.  That said, Stevenson also picked up a slight injury, from what I hear, so you may be able to get away with temporarily popping him on the IR (if available and Belichick doesn't Belichick it up by dragging out declaring RS out) to facilitate your waiver pickup.  Just food for thought.

Full PPR league still unsure what to do with my RB2/Flex option: 

I can start any combination in the two spots: 

• D'Andre Swift vs San Francisco

• Chase Edmonds vs Tennessee

• Damien Harris vs Miami

• Tyler Boyd vs Minnesota

Any recommendations on which two I should start?

3 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Taking a Monday night FA after an injury.

0.5 PPR, Sammy Watkins or Bryan Edwards?

I'm actually quietly optimistic about Sammy Watkins this season. There's not a ton to back that up aside from maybe his prior success in the Roman offense, more of a hunch. Is this to start or as a bench stash? If it's start/sit, I'd 100% roll with Watkins against a bad secondary as someone with proven success at this level. If it's stash, it's more 50/50 preference pick. I'd personally still go Sammy. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

• Damien Harris vs Miami

Tyler Boyd should definitely be your flex play in a PPR league until he proves otherwise. The RBs are more of a toss up, at which point I'd let the Vegas projected point totals guide me on where to go. In this case, that's ARI vs TEN, so it's Edmonds for me. Harris is in consideration as well, but you're really banking that he falls into the endzone. I'd prefer to wait a week on Swift if I have other decent options. I'm curious how good of shape he's in coming off that injury & how Campbell actually plans to mix he and Williams. 

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Well, you have the fortune of deciding between 3 relatively good options (not all of us are so lucky). Sanders probably has the lowest floor, which eliminates him from consideration for me. Gus feels like a near lock to fall into the endzone but Thielen has a great matchup. If it's full PPR I think I'd go Thielen. If it's half or standard I'd go Gus. 

4 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

We're still kind of in wait and see if he practices by fFriday type of thing, but last I was hearing the arrow is pointing down as to whether Jamison Crowder plays this weekend.  If he's a no-go, Moore is getting a primo amount of the touches that would go to him.  That said, I'm hyper-hesitant about starting any rookie QB on the road in his first game, even if it's against a shady defense - statistics have borne out too many times to not favor that situation.  That said, Stevenson also picked up a slight injury, from what I hear, so you may be able to get away with temporarily popping him on the IR (if available and Belichick doesn't Belichick it up by dragging out declaring RS out) to facilitate your waiver pickup.  Just food for thought.

No more IR spots (Akers eating that) but I am heavily considering dropping Rhamondre Sunday morning for a RB with a more realistic opportunity at flashing Week 1 and presenting tangible value to my starting lineup by Week 2. I also feel like RS would get picked up if I dropped him today, but if he only gets ~5 carries Sunday and other waiver guys flash, he's unlikely to be picked up. 

Tevin got picked up FWIW, so at this point those names include James White, Ty Johnson, Boston Scott, and Larry Rountree. I haven't convinced myself any of them is worth gambling on losing Stevenson. 

11 hours ago, Titans_Matt said:

Need some help with my WR 2. Kenny Golladay, Tyler Boyd, DJ Chark, Curtis Samuel, or Corey Davis? Full PPR

I think personally I’m leaning either Tyler Boyd or Corey Davis, but was hoping for some reassurance 

Id go Boyd and Davis. I just dont know about Chark, Samuel is hurt at the moment and Kenny G has struggled all offseason

5 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

@sammymvpknight @Dr LBC

I could trade Jerry Jeudy straight up for Trey Sermon fwiw. I've been reluctant to do so because I'm incredibly high on Jeudy and it's a 2 Flex 0.5 PPR league, but I'm also super high on Sermon, have guys like DeVonta & Elijah on my bench, and Sermon would be a cheap keeper if he hit. 

I also love Jeudy, not sure id trade him for Sermon

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

• Damien Harris vs Miami

Boyd is definitely #1. I feel like if Swift is active you have to play him but im not a huge fan of his. Full PPR I'd take Edmonds over Harris. Edmonds is more gamescript proof because he will run/catch regardless of Q4 whereas Detroit could be getting clobbered and Swift, given his injuries, could get sat. Swift for upside, Edmonds for floor with decent upside