GDT: Tampa v. Dallas - More mediocrity or do we finally go the distance?

D82

I had some expectation of us being able to compete, mostly based on our offense handling Tampa's DL and keeping in the game.  Actually we still have a chance if Collins can play.  I am not that worried about Knight unless Collins is out. I see Knight as no 5OT.   The Conner's are capable of doing an adequate job handling the inside with our Center.  What we need is some contain of the front 4 so TB has to blitz to get to the QB. That will open things up for Dak and the passing game.  I don't think any team can handle our three WR's and TE with out a lot of double teaming. 

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Must have been Knight that I read was not vaxed.

Yeah, I just spent a fruitless hour back to work day 1 professional development explaining to the district that me, and 5 people I know but have not had contact with, all vaccinated, all got sick for a minimum of 2 weeks.

2 of my friends were hospitalized.

Their response was they are "following the instruction of the state."

Problem is, the state is NOT being totally honest and upfront with us.

The vaccine may have suppressed the Delta variant enough to keep me out of the hospital, but that's not true for everyone.

Bottom line, we are all going to have to get this at some point to develop true antibodies to fight it or other variants of it. When enough people get the virus and survive it, we will have here immunity and it will not be so dangerous.

Just my opinion, well actually, my mother's. She spent 30 years working for the department of infectious control in Phila.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rtnldave said:

Yeah, I just spent a fruitless hour back to work day 1 professional development explaining to the district that me, and 5 people I know but have not had contact with, all vaccinated, all got sick for a minimum of 2 weeks.

2 of my friends were hospitalized.

Their response was they are "following the instruction of the state."

Problem is, the state is NOT being totally honest and upfront with us.

The vaccine may have suppressed the Delta variant enough to keep me out of the hospital, but that's not true for everyone.

Bottom line, we are all going to have to get this at some point to develop true antibodies to fight it or other variants of it. When enough people get the virus and survive it, we will have here immunity and it will not be so dangerous.

Just my opinion, well actually, my mother's. She spent 30 years working for the department of infectious control in Phila.

That should read "herd immunity."

On 9/5/2021 at 1:44 PM, Rtnldave said:

For all those of you that call me "irrational Dave" .....and to be fair, sometimes I can be, THIS isn't one of those times! I posted a week or so ago that covid would be taking starters out thus making it impossible to rely on them for an entire season. That's why I made such a stink about our back ups sucking so bad.

Well, week 1 and here we are.

Find me all the backup guards across the league that are significantly preferable to McGovern. 

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Find me all the backup guards across the league that are significantly preferable to McGovern. 

According to sport trav he is the 87th highest paid G in the league.

All that means fly 💩.

What does mean something is how bad our O line looked in 4 games with these guys starting.

And to refresh your memory, I wasn't ranking on the players, I was badmouthing the coaching.

If McGovern is a solid back up G, I didn't see it in preseason. That's poor coaching. Clearly you believe he can play And at a high level.

I just didn't see it. And that's on the coach.

A good coach can take a player with potential and at least make him serviceable. He can be trusted NOT to be singled out by a good DC and exploited as a weakness. 

That's poor coaching if that happens.

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

According to sport trav he is the 87th highest paid G in the league.

All that means fly 💩.

What does mean something is how bad our O line looked in 4 games with these guys starting.

And to refresh your memory, I wasn't ranking on the players, I was badmouthing the coaching.

If McGovern is a solid back up G, I didn't see it in preseason. That's poor coaching. Clearly you believe he can play And at a high level.

I just didn't see it. And that's on the coach.

A good coach can take a player with potential and at least make him serviceable. He can be trusted NOT to be singled out by a good DC and exploited as a weakness. 

That's poor coaching if that happens.

well I disagree that McGovern, Biadaz and Williams looked 'bad' this preseason. In fact I think they looked rather good when playing in their natural position.  The only OL that I felt looked bad this preseason has been Nsekhe and knight. 

Edited by quiller