GDT: Tampa v. Dallas - More mediocrity or do we finally go the distance?

D82

48 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

It's crazy how many people are smugly saying stuff like "Maybe now the Cowboys realize they should've drafted Patrick Surtain" or "That'll teach you to pass up on Surtain when you need a CB"......

Is there some mass hypnosis that's making people believe he was on the board when you guys picked? 😂

The 'Regular Joe' sports commenters around social media are typically ill informed, but it has to be annoying to get sh*t for something the team didn't do and had no control over.

It was something that the team *couldn’t* do since he wasn’t available to pass on in the first place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Y’know…there was a lot of good. But some not so good as well.

Anthony Brown and Zuerlein should be looking for new jobs today

No moral victories they lost. I’ve seen to many of these games for the last 25 years. I will give Dak a lot of credit. Never his biggest fan but he played really well against a good defense. Did not see any signs the injury will affect him.

4 hours ago, viking said:

Zeke looked yikes, I wouldn't be surprised if it was his last year as a cowboy

I think the coaches were smart to not force the run against a top run defense. Zeke is an amazing blocker though. He did his job protecting Dak in that way to allow him to throw. The Cowboys won't be playing elite teams like the Bucs  every week, so Zeke will bounce back in the run game.

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak has thrown for 1830 yards in his last 4 full games. That would be a 7750 yard season. 

Dak played great.  Really great.

During contract talks while he was seriously hurt I argued he wasn’t worth a top of league contract.   He keeps playing like that and I don’t mind admitting I was dead wrong.  

I will say he is playing with a loaded deck though now with an O line playing well plus top weapons.   That certainly helps.  But you can’t deny he played really, really good.  

Offensive game plan was great.  Go after mismatches where you have greater talent - don’t slam into their strength. 

I think you shouldn’t settle for field goals in a shoot out who has ball last type game though.  

Sucks to lose though.  In end there are no moral victories.  Good news is like Chris was pointing out in broadcast you have an easy schedule.

Should be an interesting year.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, D82 said:

And this is why you don't give $90MM to a RB. They fall off the cliff way too fast. 

I don’t agree with anything Turner or Baldy say here. 

We can bang on Zeke all day for not being as quick as he was and what he’s paid, but he had no shot on this. Jar’s piss poor block or whatever that was killed that play immediately. I mean he barely got his hands on his man. Gave Adams the angle.

Edited by WizardHawk

59 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

People keep mentioning Jarwin, but that run is absolutely hideous. 

That said, its hard to knock his game last night because his blocking was really on point. 

Feel like we could have got a good pass blocking RB for less than what we gave Zeke.

But…oh well. 

56 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I don’t agree with anything Turner or Baldy say here. 

We can bang on Zeke all day for not being as quick as he was and what he’s paid, but he had no shot on this. Jar’s piss poor block or whatever that was killed that play immediately. I mean he barely got his hands on his man. Gave Adams the angle.

Jarwin definitely blew the block, but rookie Zeke probably gets in.