Telvin Smith signed 4 yr/50m

VLoo

Wonder how our salary cap is looking for next year. 

i know Poz’s 6 million comes off the books after this year. Can create 7 million by cutting Ivory. I cringe every time I see that $19 million next to Blake’s name. Please don’t get hurt.

I don’t see us being major players in FA unless it’s for an OG or a QB. 

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

i know Poz’s 6 million comes off the books after this year. Can create 7 million by cutting Ivory. I cringe every time I see that $19 million next to Blake’s name. Please don’t get hurt.

It's getting to the point where we're actually getting some young players who (like Telvin) deserve these big pay raises.  Can't go into FA spending like a drunken sailor on shore leave anymore.  But there's still plenty of money to go around on the key guys.

Have to continue to supplement with guys from the draft though.  Get those cheap rookie contracts in there with value, and we'll be okay.

When guys like Jalen, Yannick, Fowler come due for a new contract, money could start to get a little tighter.  But basically...as long as we don't have a hundred billion dollar franchise QB on the books, managing the cap is a lot easier.

8 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

$80 mill in available money prior to this contract’s structure [factoring in potentially likely moves - the Hurns one isn’t] is v likely.

4 minutes ago, iPwn said:

$80 mill in available money prior to this contract’s structure [factoring in potentially likely moves - the Hurns one isn’t] is v likely.

Regarding the WR position, I think they tag A-Rob, keep Hurns, let Lee walk and have Dede step in for Lee. Still 9 games left, so maybe Lee can prove he is worthy of an extension.

can we still rollover cap into next year?

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Regarding the WR position, I think they tag A-Rob, keep Hurns, let Lee walk and have Dede step in for Lee.

I do too (regarding the Hurns/Lee thing). Was just using a “worst case” scenario where they spend $1M more on Lee than they would on Hurns to help show the flexibility that’s there.

4 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Yup. The only part that doesn’t rollover is the spending floor (89% of 4 years worth of cap). We’ve been above the floor, so nothing to worry about there.

6 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Regarding the WR position, I think they tag A-Rob, keep Hurns, let Lee walk and have Dede step in for Lee. Still 9 games left, so maybe Lee can prove he is worthy of an extension.

Yeah.  I figure that's the smart way to handle the WR situation too.  Just don't think Lee is the kinda guy you spend on and make a big term committment, especially with Dede potentially waiting in the wings.  ARob's injury leaves it uncertain, but a tag would give you plenty of time to let him prove that he's worth the kind of contract he's obviously going to want. (Hopkins level probably).

Haven't dived that deep into WRs in this draft, but i'm sure there will be guys worth taking a shot on later to fill out the depth.  Or you sign some short-term depth from somewhere else, worst case.

Archived