2022 NFL Draft #1 (Senior Bowl & Combine)

Forge

48 minutes ago, Forge said:

yikes 

I posted this on one of UVA forums I frequent earlier...

The problem is they will not be able to run on ppl like they have in the past. Carter and Williams were both REALLY good. Their production took alot of the load off Howell. Their backs this year have talent but they're not on that level. So you're putting the ball in Howell's hands more...which seems reasonable on paper. But he's never had to carry the team with just his arm. And their O-Line isn't built to pass-protect 70% of the time. PLUS they lost too much firepower on the outside. Downs will get his but there are question marks for me with the rest of that WR group. They're by no means the frontrunner everyone makes them out to be. Ppl saw Howell returning, most of the O-Line back and their recruiting success and just handed them the Coastal. Doesn't work like that though...

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

The QB class in general is supposed to be weak this year, right? 

Breer wrote that the Niners brass looked at the future QB's available and were not impressed, which is one reason why they executed the trade up. 

Obviously players can progress in their final season, but so far it looks shaky. 

3 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

The QB class in general is supposed to be weak this year, right? 

Breer wrote that the Niners brass looked at the future QB's available and were not impressed, which is one reason why they executed the trade up. 

Obviously players can progress in their final season, but so far it looks shaky. 

Correct. Lots of "maybe, if" types. I still expect 3-4 first round QB types, but one of those situations where you don't really know who it will be

On 9/6/2021 at 10:04 AM, Chrissooner49er said:

Rattler didn't do himself any favors vs Tulane on Saturday. He regressed big time and our D forgot how to tackle. 

Hopefully Tulane plays everyone else on their schedule as hard as they played OU.

On the other hand, a number of highly touted QBs kind pooped the bed. I think Rattler may always be that ride the rollercoaster type player. 

6 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

Hard to get excited for draft prospects when we don't have a first or third for this coming draft. 

We still have a third I’m pretty sure. From my recollection we just traded our comp pick for Saleh.